VALUE ENGINEERING SPECIALIST (CIVIL INFRASTRUCTURE) Job in Jizan, Saudi Arabia at Parsons International Limited
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering skills to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Principal ObjectiveValue Engineering Specialist is a senior level of projects and design management. Normally reserved for group of section supervisor or staff and technical consultant on major complex projects. Manages Designs and preparation technical RFPs, provides pre and post award support to PMD/SMD/Construction. Provide technical support across all disciplines to coordinate the development and implementation of the engineering portions of assigned projects.Major Activities Performed
- Plans and coordinates engineering activities to develop and apply engineering value, standardized design criteria and project management.
- Responsible for the management and execution of assigned projects to reduce the total cost.
- Develop and execute annual project management plan.
- Oversees overall value engineering and project management plan for projects including development and execution of action plans and tracking of projects using daily visual management boards.
- Develop scope of work for value engineering design tasks in coordination with stakeholders. Coordinate in preparation, review and issuance of Task Orders including review of AEs technical and commercial proposals.
- Manage overall design from concept, Design Development (DD) and Construction Documents (CD). Work closely with the AEs and reviewers, provide necessary coordination for data acquisition, and 3rd party reviews. Conduct design review meetings.
- Assist in coordinating the compilation of technical portions of Requests for Proposal (RFP) for both traditional design (Design-Bid-Build) and Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC). Analyzes data pertaining to client requirements to assist in the definition of technical aspects of detailed scope of work.
- Coordinate with the concerned Section for the development of design specifications, and ensure adequate information is provided for clarity of interpretation of required scope of work.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of potential bidders for contracts on assigned projects, and in recommending shortlists of qualified contractors. Coordinates the technical analysis and evaluation of bids proposed.
- Assist in compiling technical portions of definitive contracts.
- Monitors technical progress of A/E contractor. Coordinate the review of design drawings, specifications, manuals, shop drawings, vendor data, calculations and other technical information submitted by A/E and/or construction contractor for all phases of contract.
- Provide requested technical information to A/E or construction contractor regarding interpretation of specifications, and other technical guidance as required. Requests technical information or clarification of submitted data from A/E and/or construction contractor as required.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of Project Engineers and other personnel assigned to him.
- Prepare reports and presentations on assigned projects. Coordinate with PMD progress reporting and evaluation for the assigned projects.
- Manages AE consultant contracts when assigned as the Authorized Representative (AR).
- Provide input in review of monthly invoices and quarterly performance evaluation for the AE.
- Provide technical support during pre-award stage including but not limited to Bidders Q&As, addendums, bid evaluation, release of final IFC drawings etc.
- Provide post award support during construction.
Experience and Qualifications
- BS degree in Engineering from recognized university and 10 to 12 years of post-graduate directly related experience. A minimum five (5) years’ experience in project/design management experience and a minimum of five years’ hands on design experience in an AE environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential. Ability to prepare project presentations to higher management. Computer literate and proficient with the industry standard software for project management and control, MS Office. A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D as well as hydrology/hydraulic modeling software and traffic modeling software is a plus.
- PMP accreditation beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Strong familiarity with the Engineering design processes as well as Construction and Project Management. Adequate knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines.
- Experience with overseeing planning and design of civil infrastructure and facilities, such as site grading and drainage, highways and roads, wet and dry utilities, and flood control measures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering as related to the preparation of plans and specifications. Knowledge of methods and techniques utilized in the design and construction of civil public works and utility projects.
- Job Location
- Jizan, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 5
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Jizan, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy