Trucking & dispatcher Operation Supervisor Job in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at United Global Services Co
We are a waste Management Company in All KSA, looking for a Supervisor who will manage the Trucks, the drivers, and delivery of every order in Jeddah region, while also focusing on our client’s needs and industry leading standards for Customer Satisfaction, which requires skills in human interactions (drivers / technicians) and planning / coordination interest and General Maintenance understanding (preventive/post) for waste compactors.
- Be a reliable and dependable employee who shows up to work on regularly and understands the high level of responsibility and accountability demanded from our clients and from us as a company.
- Coach and train team members to improve performance.
- Manage to delivery the equipment/ services , client satisfaction, on-time results, and adherence to company policies.
- Manage drivers to meet on-time requirements and efficiency levels – meet company minimum on-time performance levels.
- Be proficient in all aspects of the transportation management software system and run schedule each night.
- Track driver service failures and report to Manager of Courier Services for continuous improvement.
- Participate in the Peak trucking season.
- From time-to-time, perform on-call duties. Timely calls to transition to opening personnel.
- Rotate on a weekend / holiday schedule to cover office hours and on-call.
- Make deliveries/services as needed.
- Manage the warehouse and control inventory to meet client needs.
- Audit and approve all invoices (Maintenance, Equipment Rental, Leased Driver, Fuel, & Day Labor) keep accurate records in order to do so.
- Notify clients well in advance of potential late deliveries (for services)
- Maintain and assign nightly on-call and weekend coverage to drivers to ensure we have enough coverage to meet client needs.
- Participate in and lead a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Perform all work accurately and timely.
- Lead the development of Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) and training materials for Dispatch. Also identify where these needs exist.
- Work closely with the collogues of Dispatch Services to determine the best strategies to improve processes & efficiency.
- Adhere to all policies, such as breaks, uniform, etc…
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Responsibility for work safety of drivers and maintenance (using safety shoes and work clothing, etc)
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members and develop this important issue
- Negotiate and authorize agreements with subcontractors and monitor their fulfilment
- Co-ordination of all complaints and issues with subcontractors and customers
- Disposition of maintenance team for necessary services on outside compactors, customer sites, internal and contracted services
- Control of maintenance documentation
- Accept customer calls in case of emergencies
- Develop improvements and propose to the superior manager
- Strong exchange of information with Sales Manager and other stations
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, or objectives.
- Monitoring of lifecycle costs of own trucks and equipment
- Manage activity in the assigned regions
- Co-ordination with workshops and other external suppliers
- Petty Cash handling
- Managing the Yard, Labours, Accommodation
- Monitoring Trucks (Cleaning, Preventive Maintenance)
- Monitoring Compactors and Equipment (Cleaning, Media Stickers)
- General purchasing for company requirements
- Stock keeping and reporting to accounts
- Overlooking special projects and adhoc projects.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to succeed and thrive in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to interact with drivers and communicate instructions verbally over the phone.
- Organized, attentive to detail, self-starting, solid follow-through and multi-tasking.
- Highly motivated with a desire to be upwardly mobile.
- Strong PC skills required – Excel and Outlook a must.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Knowledge
- Strong follow up and tracking skills
- perfect English and Arabic writing skills
- Job Location
- Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Waste Disposal & Recycling
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2
Company: United Global Services Co
Company Location: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Waste Disposal & Recycling