Technology Education Teacher Jobs in Abu Dhabi at GVC
Title: Technology Education Teacher
Location: Abu Dhabi
Position is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops in each student an awareness of the role of technology education.
French and English Speaker mandatory
1. Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through courses in technology education to students, utilizing curriculum designated by School
2. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
3. Plans a technology education program involving demonstrations, lectures, discussions, and student experiments; organizes activities for optimal learning.
4. Instructs students in the proper use, care and safe handling of equipment.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, and keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
6. Provides for safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment and tools.
7. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment during class sessions.
8. Evaluates each student’s growth in knowledge and skills in the course being taught.
9. Communicates with school counselors on student progress.
10. Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
1. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
2. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
3. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
– French and English Speaker mandatory
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related field.
– Eligible or possess UAE License with the appropriate endorsement to teach Technology Education.
– Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public.
Duties are normally performed in a school/classroom environment.
Supervision Exercised: May include instructional assistants, volunteers, tutors.
Supervision Received: Principal or appropriate administrator.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The Teacher will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator.
Job Type: Full-time
Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)