Technical Advisor Job in Amman, Jordan at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
The “Labour Market Oriented Vocational Education, Higher Education and Training (MOVE-HET)” Project in Jordan is seeking for a “Technical Advisor” – on a full-time base employment as per the below job profile.
Starting date: as soon as possible
A. Required qualifications, competences and experienceQualifications
- University degree (Bachelor or Master, MBA) in economics, business administration, healthcare, social sciences or a similar subject
- At least 7 years of experience in labour market administration or healthcare management
A. ResponsibilitiesThe technical advisor is responsible for
- Leading the nursing component of the MOVE-HET project.
- Advising the Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Health in how to set up a monitoring system on the nursing education and the labour market demand in this sector in Jordan.
- Supporting the implementation of a system for the monitoring of the labour market supply data in the nursing sector, labour demand data in this sector and for an efficient matching of both sides of the labour market.
- Advising the Ministry of Health and the Jordanian universities engaged in the education and further education of Jordanian nurses with respect to the recognition of their certificates on the German labour market and on quality improvement for Jordanian nurses’ education and further education.
- With respect to the entire MOVE-HET project, supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project.
- Innovation and knowledge management
The technical advisor performs the following tasks:
B. Tasks1. Advising the partner institution(s)The technical advisor
- Provides technical advice to the partners and facilitates their capacity development processes
- assists and monitors the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
- supports the project manager in the strategy development with contribution of technical and content-related advice to overarching topics in cooperation with partners
- contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project activities and work at the regional level
- prepares the content, design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
2. Networking and cooperation The technical advisor
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project
3. Knowledge managementThe technical advisor
- ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- draws up reports and presentations
- prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project manager and GIZ Head Office
4. Coordination tasksThe technical advisor
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments and knowledge management
Overview:In line with Jordan’s HRD Strategy, GIZ on behalf of The German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development BMZ, has launched the flagship project “Labor Market Oriented Vocational Education, Higher Education and Training – MOVE-HET”.The MOVE-HET Project has an overarching goal of aligning TVET and Higher Education programs with labor market needs to improve employability. It aims toward strengthening employment orientation of TVET and higher education by promoting workplace-learning programs in TVET and applied academic programs. The MOVE-HET project supports and encourages the involvement of the private sector in TVET and Higher Education and supports the improvement of interactions and stakeholders on the political level (ministries and centralized institutions) as well as on the level of institutions. In the stress field between labour demand and labour supply, MOVE-HET also addresses the matching of demand and supply by collecting and evaluating of labour market data. This also supports the quantitative control of the option for Jordanian nurses to enter the German labour market. At the same time, MOVE-HET will support the compatibility of the education of Jordanian nurses with requirements of the respective German labour market.During the extension phase of MOVE-HET, the project will additionally address the labour market situation with respect to nursing in Jordan.
Deadline for applications; 31.1.2021
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, gender or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate’s qualification, experience, as well as the scope of responsibility of the job announced and in line with local standards.
Note: GIZ will send a feedback only to the candidates that are shortlisted and interviewed in person – after a final decision on recruitment is taken – within one month time from the deadline mentioned in the vacancy announcement.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Knowledge in statistical tools and modelling and interpretation of statistical models
- Extensive experience in the requirements to accept foreign staff in the German healthcare system
- Knowledge of the Jordanian education system for healthcare personnel education
- Solid experience in project management and organizational development
- Fluent English and German, Arabic is of advantage
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Proven skills to work in an intercultural context
- Skills and good understanding of building capacities in the partner systems
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Job Location
- Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 7 Max: 15
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Administration And Business Administration , healthcare, social sciences
Company: Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Company Location: Amman, Jordan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization