Teaching Jobs in Abu Dhabi – UAE at Troon
Location: Abu Dhabi – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Education, Sports/Fitness/Wellness
Yas Links Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Teaching Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on growing the game by increasing female and junior participation. Female candidates are preferred, joining the diverse and highly skilled Teaching team at the club.
Key Responsibilitiesof the Teaching Professional:
• Teaches the fundamentals of the golf swing as established by the Director of Instruction.
• Designs and implements marketing ideas to promote golf instruction and bring in additional revenues to the club.
• Oversees range set-up and equipment. Helps to maintain general upkeep of the driving range, lesson tee and storage shed.
• Promotes all club golf activities including junior golf clinics.
• Instructs and assists in the development of qualified and certified assistants. Educates teaching staff throughout the golf season with monthly clinics and/or roundtable sessions.
• Coordinates and teaches clinics on weekly basis.
• Act as a liaison between Golf Digest and the Club regarding golf school schedules, needs, and equipment.
• Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all teaching aids on property including video equipment.
• Assists Director of Instruction with Golf Digest Schools and Troon Golf Institute.
• Assists in the creation of lesson plans.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to:
Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals and Guest Services Attendants.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualificationsfor the Teaching Professional:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; and three-five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Class A Member of PGA/LPGA preferred
• Knowledge of Trackman beneficial