Tax Registration and Returns Director- UAE National Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Confidential Company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Economics or other relevant degree
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline (Finance, Accounting, Management) or other relevant degree CFA and/or CPA and/or ACCA and/or CTA and or ATT and/or CTP certificates
- 16+ years’ of experience in tax administration and collection functions
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior management role
Experience in tax administration and collection functions in government entity
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management
Responsible for the efficient administration of core taxable persons’ processes and quality service delivery covering registrations, deregistrations and returns and payments.
1. Define and implement the Tax Registration and Returns operational plan and ensure its alignment with FTA strategic goals.
2. Prepare the overall budget in coordination with the Tax Affairs Executive Director, monitor and report periodically; provide suggestions for improvement on cost reduction.
3. Manage the activities of the Tax Registration and Returns Department in accordance with the overall business and operational and tolerances set in FTA Policy.
4. Oversee and direct all Tax Registration and Returns efforts of the Authority.
5. Direct the processing of VAT and Excise Returns and dealing with late and non-submission of returns.
6. Direct the collection of tax and penalties from taxable persons and dealing with overpayments, underpayments and repayments.
Administer refunds made by the Authority.
8. Manage the revenue collected in coordination with the Finance function.
9. Direct administration of taxable persons’ accounts, including dealing with registrations and de-registrations.
10. Assess operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
11. Keep abreast of pending laws, industry changes, trends and best practices, assessing the potential impact of these changes on tax collection and administration activities.
12. Monitor Tax Registration and Returns systems to assess their effectiveness.
13. Oversee the contact affairs activities to ensure proper handling of frontline tax enquiries and complaints
14. Coordinate with the policy department to ensure compliance with the FTA law and policy.
15. Coordinate with compliance and enforcement department where cases of non-compliance or fraud are detected.
16. Prepare management reports regarding Tax Registration and Returns operations and progress.
People Related Roles
17. Direct employee training on Tax Registration and Returns related topics, policies or procedures.
Advise the internal management or business partners on the implementation and operation of Tax Registration and Returns programs.
Company: Confidential Company
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: Financial Services