Taste & Wellbeing Senior Food/Application Technologist (Beverages) for the Middle East Job in Dubai, UAE at Givaudan Suisse SA (Dubai Branch)
A Senior Food/Application Technologist with the global leader in the creation of Taste & Wellbeing and Fragrance & Beauty, and a key member of our Regional Taste & Wellbeing Creation and Application team leading the Beverages category and supporting our Customers in the Middle East region, while being based in Dubai – Your future position?
The Taste & Wellbeing Creation and Application (T&WCA) organisation within Givaudan is at the forefront to discover and develop new innovative ingredients and flavours for all kinds of food applications focussing on the Beverages, Sweet Goods & Dairy, Snacks, Bakery, Savoury, Natural, and other exciting categories. We are a truly global organisation consisting of multidisciplinary experts from science, creation, application, and sensory science.
Application Technologist’s in Givaudan are specialists whose primary goal is to support Customers by providing them with suitable flavours for their applications and guiding Flavourist’s in the flavour development process. To do so, Application Technologists analyse current flavour trends, forecast future trends, and assess consumer preferences and apply flavours to end applications.
Due to an internal move, we are now looking to hire a ‘Senior Food/Application Technologist’ to focus on the Beverages category for the Middle East region, which includes key markets in the GCC, Iran, Afganistan and Pakistan. Reporting to the Taste & Wellbeing Technical Manager for the Middle East and based in our regional office in Dubai, you will be a key player in our T&WCA team.
You will mainly be responsible for evaluating and applying flavours in food applications for Beverage applications, including carbonated drinks, juice drinks, still drinks, and selecting the optimal flavours for Customer projects in the Middle East. You will contribute to our business growth by continuously demonstrating to our Customers in the Middle East the use and benefits of our flavours in Beverage application. You will proactively and reactively work on internal and Customer briefs and develop proactive ideas to help our Customers bring consumer preferred and differentiating products to the market.
You will work for a company that touches billions of consumers more than a hundred times a day. With its heritage stretching back over 250 years, Givaudan has a long history of innovating scents and tastes. Our passion is to collaborate with customers and partners to develop game-changing innovations in the food & beverage, fragrance and beauty industries. We have a culture that works to inspire, challenge and capture the heart and soul of consumers and customers. Our customers in the Middle East region have local, regional, and international profiles, bringing diversity and curiosity to your daily job.
Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportunity if, like us, you always aim to exceed customer needs, can deliver value, are skilled at fostering excellent relationships, have a strong passion for food technology, and have a highly discerning palate!
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for:
Providing technical support for our Customers –
- Responsible for all technical communications with Customers in the Middle East for Beverage applications to contribute to winning briefs and successful delivery of projects.
- Develop concept presentations and present flavours and flavoured drink products to Customers• Work with our Customers to optimise their recipes.
- Support our customers in trial productions of new recipes or implementing solutions from Givaudan.
- Do customer visits, presenting ready-to-consume products or supporting customer trials.
Evaluation and selection of flavours –
- Apply and evaluate flavours for Beverages for relevant briefs.
- Proactively monitor flavour performance and stability
- Select optimal flavours for projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc.).
- Prepare state-of-the-art flavoured products and samples for Customer presentations and capability demonstrations
- Identify appropriate flavour delivery systems and technologies.
- Translate market trends into new product concepts and developments.
- Support in developing and implementing new Beverage technologies by working with the broader teams and Innovation Centres within the region and the wider Givaudan.
- Support marketing initiatives, train our commercial force and Customers on our new capabilities.
Knowledge sharing and expertise –
- Serve as a technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and Customers for Beverage applications.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with our key customers, and able to gain their trust and respect.
Maintain systems –
- Actively maintain the flavour performance data for the flavour portfolio through evaluation in finished products and capture of profiles.
Prioritise safety –
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organised lab environment in accordance with Givaudan safety policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines.
Company: Givaudan Suisse SA (Dubai Branch)
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: FMCG; Food & Beverage Production; Chemicals Manufacture