Steward Supervisor Job at Dubai Parks and Resorts
Play Your Part
In this role you will be required to control cost by organization damage, breakage and loss of all related hotel equipment, i.e. China, glass hollowware, kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies. Control and coordinate the activities of all stewards, to ensure an efficient and smooth operation at all times.
– Maintain all hotel records and form as prescribed by the hotel management and policies.
– To check the employees are on time for duty and to give them briefing on the job and the shift.
– Monitor all stewarding operating costs, and takes corrective action as necessary.
– To inspect the kitchen area and check that the dish washing machines are in good condition and chemicals are available
– Maximize personal and team member productivity and morale whilst consistently maintaining discipline, following hotel guidelines.
– Report all accidents, health and safety hazards to Executive Chef
– Write out maintenance requests if necessary and checks on completion.
– To check all the chemicals that are required for the shift are available, especially those required by the pot wash and dish washer.
– Ensure the garbage bins in the entire kitchen and concern areas are changed.
– Monthly/weekly inventory of cutlery, crockery, equipment
– Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
– Briefing of five minutes with your team members about the planning of the job during your shift
– To give proper instruction to the employees for the daily Buffet set-up chafing dish requirement to Ensure he is on time to set-up for the function.
– Responsible in general for all team members being given the best possible training in order to have a high standard of servic
– Ensure that the areas are kept clean during and after operations
Health & Safety:
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You A Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
– Must be able to pass a Food Handler Test and meet local requirements.
– Previous Steward Experience
– Good communication skills
– Team work
– Ability to work in a rotating shift and dynamic environment
– High School Diploma/GED or relevant experience
– Experienced in Leading and Guiding a Team of Steward
– Good Knowledge of Dish Washing ,Pot Washing and Chemicals
– HACCP knowledge
– Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
– Intermittent and prolonged standing.
– Ability to lift and move up to 12kg, and in some cases to do so repetitively.
– Ability to lift and move up to 12kg over your head occasionally.
– Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
– Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays to support park operations.
– Must conform to hotel grooming guidelines.
The Best Part Of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the company.
Company: Dubai Parks and Resorts
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
About Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.