Sous Chef (Pastry & Bakery) Jobs in Dubai at Binghatti Hospitality
Title: Sous Chef (Pastry & Bakery)
Company: Binghatti Hospitality
· To formulate and continually upgrade Standards of Performance, policies and procedures and production standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the Central Kitchen and store in accordance with Company policy.
· To ensure a prompt and consistent high standard of repair and maintenance via the Chef de Cuisine, the Store Manager and the project dept.
· To ensure a consistently good standard of food quality, efficient profitability and presentation.
· Ensure that the stock management of food is proper and in accordance with the Municipality rules.
· Recommending improvement of dishes based on Managers and guest feedback
· To coordinate with other Chefs whenever necessary regarding operational problems
· To conduct regular meetings and briefings to keep employees informed of policies and procedures, special events and action plans
· Involve in the setting of all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations are strictly enforced by employees.
· Organizing and coordinating the overall operations of the Central Kitchen
· Ensuring smooth running of the all operations
· Reinforcing Policies and Procedures in Central Kitchen
Maximizing productivity by synergizing the scheduling, shifts of all the Stores by rotating the Chefs
Solve immediate operational issues
Set action plans on hygiene and sanitation based on report from external companies or
Overview Central Kitchen operations when busy
Implement changes decided by management and roll over all Central Kitchen
Help Store managers in handling of food grievances
Interact with guest and handle guest complain where necessary
Cross check the check list of Central Kitchen
· Managing Recipe book and Central Kitchen manuals to be used as a benchmark, identifying changes and updates as and when required
· Maintaining a ‘hands on approach’ Central Kitchen on a daily basis to ensure that operational procedures are being properly maintained
Overseeing of ‘Special Order/Function’ requests
Overseeing the control of inventory levels, stock rotation and proper display of all Central Kitchen items
Control and manage the food cost in line with budget.
Check that all food items for storage are covered with film, dated, labelled
· Monitoring par stock of small wares, inventory levels, ensuring breakages are kept to a minimum and ensure availability in the store
Oversee the Maintenance, Serviceability and Cleaning of the Central Kitchen
Training of the Central Kitchen and Steward staff with a focus on:
o Maintaining Standards
o Quality Control
o Hygiene and Sanitation
· Ongoing use of the Central Kitchen manuals as a benchmark, identifying changes and updates as and when required
Stock control of all food items (FIFO)
Ensuring that expiry policy is being implemented and followed strictly
Managing Inventory levels to minimize wastage and mark-outs
Accurate reporting of Food costs
· Constant monitoring and reporting on changes to individual menu item costs as caused by the change of ingredient prices
Maintaining proper Hygiene and Health & Safety Standards
Training of all staff concerned on the proper use and care of equipment
· Implementing and overseeing a program for the routine maintenance of all Central Kitchen equipment ensuring its serviceability and longevity.
Visit the stores regularly and ensure that the products are as per the standard
Conduct as per SOP of Central Kitchen and Stores.
Working Experience & Skills
Minimum 2 years working hospitality or F&B.
Minimum 2 years working experience as head chef
Oral fluency in English, ability to read English
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)