Software Engineering Specialist Job in India at Accor
Job Description SummaryResponsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions…
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Full-stack developer, you will…:
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
For roles outside USA: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). With 1 to 3 years of experience.
Desired Technical Experience:
Hands on with Java/J2EE technologies and Spring Boot Framework. Knowledge in Micro Services, Restful Web services, Hibernate, Spring JPA. Hands on in using IDE tools – Spring Tool Suite – STS (for server-side development), Visual Studio (UI Development). Familiarity with Nginx, NodeJS, Redis.
Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
Experience with modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN).
Comfortable in building features such as web services, testing tool – Postman and Queries on existing tables. Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
Displays understanding of the project’s value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
•Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Company Location: India