SMART CITIES ENGINEER Job in Dubai, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Smart Cities Engineer
This exciting opportunity requires a dynamic and innovative professional to lead and develop all aspects of Parsons’ continued drive into Smart Cities throughout the Middle East. The candidate shall assist in leading team of staff and engineers to drive growth and deliver technically complex projects in the Smart City/Mobility ecosystem and possess a track record of managing projects in the smart cities arena.
Parsons appreciates the breadth of the Smart City ecosystem with the focus areas being Smart City strategic consultancy, aligned with our core mission and adjacencies. An extensive knowledge of Smart City technologies is essential which should be grounded with a deep understanding of the fast-paced R&D initiatives underway at both private and public sector institutions globally.
Appreciation of the technology landscape and innovative smart city concepts (i.e., for example, on the transportation vertical this could be interpreted as expertise in shared mobility, road user charging and Mobility as a Service applications, active and micro-mobility solutions) is essential and how different technologies and disruptive services fit together to form an integrated smart city system.
- Provide close support to practice lead in managing the smart cities team to develop and deliver projects that leverage cutting edge technologies, solutions, applications, and ideas to advance the customer mission with a focus on the Smart City verticals (mobility, energy, water, etc);
- Manage the delivery of a full range of Smart City services including; consultancy, engineering, solution development and productization as needed.
- Responsible to grow and maintain an external and internal Smart City ecosystem through relationship building and a strong industry presence.
- Assist the team leadership by providing oversight of the delivery of Smart City pilots and projects across multiple industry domains which include both consultancy and solution / product deployment; offer innovative approaches to Smart City Masterplans and processes, reflecting global trends but grounded in local context
- Work with the cross-cutting team of experts to identify and build relevant industry partnerships to support the Parsons Smart City strategy; represent Parsons at relevant industry events
- In consultation with the leadership, drive the strategy for Smart City deployments including leading the team’s input for tender responses in Smart City and related fields.
- The Parsons Smart Cities team is a key innovation flywheel and thus a major area for development of the Smart City competency; a critical aspect of this position will be to interface other technical teams (master planning, sustainability, energy, water, etc) and related entities, to build capacity and share knowledge/strategies
- Makes regular recommendations for new technologies and product offerings through a knowledge of the Smart City technology landscape and revolution.
- Leads current and futures trends and serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for Smart City/Mobility offerings.
- As a recognized professional in the Smart Cities/Mobility industry, the incumbent shall be the representative of Parsons at public forums/events; preferred candidates will have proven experience of publishing thought pieces, journal papers and possess extensive experience presenting at industry relevant conferences and events
- Identification of new areas of work, to keep ahead of industry trends identifying opportunities to diversify the portfolio and disrupt the industry
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy