Site Mechanical Inspector Jobs in Dubai – UAE at WTS Energy
Title: Site Mechanical Inspector
Company: WTS Energy
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Skilled Labor/Trades
WTS Energy is seeking to hire Site Mechanical Inspector for one of its client who is a reputed offshore Energy company.
Duration: one year contract.
Responsible for inspection of contractor’s progress and performance against the employer requirements, agreed procedures, applicable norms and standards related to installation and commissioning of auxiliary equipment and installation of mechanical components.
This position will report to the Site Manager Platform.
Your activities will include, but are not limited to:
· Daily inspection on installation of mechanical components and installation, testing and commissioning of auxiliary equipment
· Measure and Monitor contractor’s safety performance, progress and quality on a daily basis
· Schedule and prioritize site inspections in consultation with the Site Manager
· Have a strong daily presence on the shop floor with good communication with the contractor to observe contractor’s work but without disturbing it’s workflow
· Verify and comment on contractor’s time programme, identify associated risks and opportunities and advise Site Management
· Work closely and liaise with the Certifying Authority when required
· Register and monitor punch list items (LOP – List of Outstanding Points)
· Document and report site quality inspections, safety observations and contractor’s progress
· Provide input for a monthly site team report on the specific area of expertise
· You have a Bachelor degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (Mechanical) or equivalent experience
· You have experience (5 years +) in fabrication of offshore constructions, preferably in offshore wind platforms
· Knowledge of 2006/42/EC: Machinery Directive and/or F-gasses directives for HVAC is a plus
· You are able to contribute to a cooperative environment between all parties involved, mitigate stress and animosity, and escalate persisting problems on the shop floor to Site Management
· You have knowledge about standards and norms applicable for offshore wind platform fabrication
· You have experience in and affection with working within multi-national teams in remote areas
· You are able to work and perform independently in remote areas
· You have good communication and reporting skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well
· You take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no ‘nine to five-mentality’
· You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Dutch is a plus.
· Candidates available in UAE will be preferred for this role.