Shopkeeper (Area Sales Manager) | IKEA | YAS Island, Abu Dhabi Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Al Futtaim Group
About the Role
You are responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA’s position as the “Top of the Mind” home furnishing store in the local market. Your responsibility includes leading showroom co workers, providing support and developing them in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the showroom while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store).
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Together with the Logistics department, you ensure that sales forecasts of all products in your HFB are adapted to the sales pattern so that the ordering process of goods leads to a healthy stock situation
- Phase in and out range continuously during the year
- Secure that all products in your HFB are displayed according to the merchandising basics (clean, available on picking location, priced and well maintained) during all opening hours
- Ensure that the store is in shape as new and has a strong commercial basics level in the Home furnishing business (HFB) during all opening hours
- Together with the Com & In team, you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in the home furnishing business and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist
- Focus on Commercial awareness by using and implementing the Commercial Strategy lay out on the sales floor involving the commercial group
- Achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the furniture Sales Manager for your area (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI)
- Ensure that Showroom area is properly staffed with trained and qualified co workers during all opening hours
People Management and Development
- Manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise
- Ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives
- Motivate the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
- Provide the Showroom Sales Manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
- Coach, communicate and co-ordinate junior members in the team in order to ensure the best possible Customer Service to the customer.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification
- 4 – 5 years Retail managerial experience, preferably in IKEA (bedroom or living room)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Good written and verbal English
- Computer literate
- Good Understanding of Business & Finance
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 4
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Al Futtaim Group
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: Accounting