Senior Vice President – Master Planning Jobs in Abu Dhabi at ALDAR
Title: Senior Vice President – Master Planning
Location: Abu Dhabi
PRE MASTER PLAN
• Provide overall master planning direction on feasibility / test fits based on inputs from Development Manager.
• Provide input and innovative ideas to development management.
• Manage the creation of client briefs in conjunction with Development Managers.
• Participate in prequalification process and assist and oversee assessments of consultant.
• Oversee the Brief and the Scope sections of the RFP in conjunction with the Development Manager.
• Oversee and approve tender evaluations for technical stage submissions.
• Establish and manage the Aldar Master Planning Design Guidelines with input from DM and PDT.
• Oversee, review and approve the Project Implementation Plan for each project.
• Oversee and approve the Bidders Recommendation Report.
DURING THE MASTER PLAN
• Review master plans related submittals from concept to final Detailed master plan submission delivery.
• Participate in Urban Design and Master Planning presentations.
• Manage consultant contract in relation to contract implementation, measuring completed work for payments, variation orders etc.
• Manage and approve proposed value engineering options.
• Oversee the management design progress against the programme.
• Review master planning documentation for the purpose of validating brief / code compliance.
• Ensure adherence to Estidama standards.
• Liaise with consultants and ensure that all drawing submittals are in line with Aldar specifications.
• Review consultants work submittals against project brief and recommend changes in case of deviation.
• Ensure adequate level of support to project teams during execution and commissioning through master planning reviews for constructability issues.
• Ensure that all master planning design changes are clearly communicated to DM & related functions to be reflected in the forecasts.
• Work closely with Design, Development and Infrastructure teams to ensure design fit with overall plan.
• Ensure issuance of all required government permits related to the master plan approvals.
• Carry out weekly and monthly reporting of progress and issues to the line manager.
• Work with Senior Manager – Stakeholder MGT to obtain master plan NOCs in conjunction with government relations.
• Work with Senior Manager – Stakeholder MGT to obtain Utility/ITC/ADM/ etc NOC’s in order to obtain the master plans approvals through the consultants.
• Provide advisory services on master planning matters to Project Management during construction stage.
• Manage the selection and work of master planning consultants; and ensure quality, budget and time compliance of the consultant’s work in accordance with the service contract. Manage the contract including preparing RFPs, and processing payments and variations.
• Ensure that the consultant comply with DMT AD 2030 vision, Estidama and other authority requirements in his master plan.
• Update changes to the master plan design, timeline and cost to Development Management and other Operations teams such as by issuing Monthly Progress Reports (MPR).
• Assess impact on all delivery activities and minimize financial and operational impact.
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Min of: 12+ years of experience in real estate master planning architecture or urban design of residential, mixed use and vertical assets.
YOE IN MANAGERIAL POSITION
Min of: 4+ years in a managerial position.
FIELD OF EXPERIENCE
Real estate developer (GCC).
TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Deep exposure to GCC region and adjace…