Senior Underwriter – Marine Jobs in Dubai – UAE at AIG
Title: Senior Underwriter – Marine
Location: Dubai – UAE
1. Job Purpose
Effectively and profitable underwrite, market, sell and promote all Marine products within UAE, Kuwait and Qatar, Lebanon offices.
This role will be responsible for Profit and Sales for the Marine division with specific focus in UAE
Responsible for the profitable underwriting of new business production and renewal retention of Marine products for assigned territory developed through Brokers, Direct Clients and Business Development Managers.
2. Minimum Qualifications/Education/Experience/knowledge
Qualifications and Education: Bachelor’s Degree. CII qualifications would be a plus
Experience: Three to five years of marine insurance experience
Training: No mandatory external training
Knowledge: Has a thorough knowledge of the Marine Insurance industry.
Skilled in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
3. Job Accountabilities
Retention and New Business Development
Maintain and develop strong broker/client relationships
Ensure account retention rates are maintained as per company/department norms.
Underwrite new and renewal business to promote premium growth within UW authority. Achieve overall production goal in collaboration with the Underwriting Manager
Provide sound underwriting decisions, exhibit flexibility, and price risks to achieve established profit goals for the company. Provide feedback on renewal loss ratios that exceed permissible. Identify poor performing accounts.
Product and Technology
Review / refresh existing products on 18/24-month cycle
Innovation and development of new products or offerings on 18/24-month cycle
Ensure the use of technology mainly for high volume, small ticket policies. Bring in efficiency to existing processes by using the available technologies.
1. Maintain the Marine Underwriting Guidelines that adhere to all corporate and support the strategy and profit goals of the company.
2. . Ensure that all marine pricing tools are being used correctly and that all marine quotes, binders and policies are issued in accordance with regulatory and corporate policies.
3. Adhere to underwriting authority & underwriting guidelines referenced in the AIG Marine Intranet site. Ensuring that all underwriting decisions are documented in the underwriting file.
4. Handling of all process oriented tasks ensuring a smooth process in place
5. Other tasks that may be deemed necessary as per the Marine department requirements.
4. Communication and Working Relationships
• Collaborates with other team members and peer underwriters within Commercial Lines.
• Business relationships with brokers/producers, Clients, Risk Managers, Loss adjusters
5. Key Competencies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Negotiation skills
• 3-5 years Underwriting experience in direct insurance and reinsurance markets
• Problem-solving skills and a logical approach to work
• Sound judgement and decisiveness
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Team player
• Customer service attitude
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.