Senior Systems Analyst Job in Pune, India at Mastercard
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Systems Analyst
Prepaid Management Services is the division of Mastercard that concentrates on Prepaid Solutions such as our Multi-Currency CashPassport product. Traditionally focused on the Travel sector, this business unit is driving forward Prepaid throughout the world with innovative and leading solutions that we integrate with Global brands. This role is within the Prepaid Operations & Technologies (O&T) group which is part of the wider Mastercard Operations & Technologies group. We provide high quality evolutionary and operational capabilities to support the Mastercard Prepaid Management Services business.
The main responsibility of a Systems Analyst is to define system requirements for a business capability which will result in a new or modification of an IT system or application.
The Senior Systems Analyst will:
• Review Product requirements and support solution design activities for the definition of a system solution to meet business need.
• Specify end-to-end systems requirements across multiple applications and channels.
• Provide systems impact analysis and work estimates.
• Manage and lead a Scrum Team as Scrum Master as required
Questions about you:
Have you specified systems requirements for a technical system in the card payment industry?
Are you confident to engage with senior stakeholders and clients?
Do you have a professional attitude combined with the technical ability to gain the trust of clients as well as internal Mastercard colleagues?
The Senior Systems Analyst will work under minimal supervision in an AGILE environment for the production of:
• System Functional Scopes in user story form.
• Detailed system process flows, data definitions, sequence diagrams and other required artefacts which define system capability and component design of a solution
• Functional and non-functional specifications, including use case documents.
• Estimates in terms of story points.
• Take the role of Scrum Master for leading a Scrum Team
• Take a leading role and responsibility for new processor migration activities
The Senior Systems Analyst will work closely with other areas of the Prepaid Organisation:
• Product and sales teams.
• Solutions Architects to define client technical solutions.
• Mastercard teams that span multiple geographies and time zones.
• The Prepaid Technology Portfolio Management Office to ensure solutions promote automated processes and are cost effective.
All About You
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Can converse in clear business English. Ability to communicate effectively with other Systems Analysts, development teams and the Prepaid Business.
• Able to document solutions in FunctionalTechnicalInterface Specifications, User Stories, Use Cases, Use Case Models, Domain Driven Design and other system requirements artefacts as required.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience in an AGILE and Scrum environment, with enthusiasm to drive the AGILE methodology forward.
• Able to organise, hold and contribute in business and technical workshops.
• Able to document and understand business process models and definition of system component design.
• Knowledge and experience of data modelling techniques.
• Cards background and business knowledge.
• Able to use MS- Office products including Visio to produce documentation of a high quality.
• Able to work flexible hours due to the nature of a global business.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Working in global organisation with teams and colleagues that span across multiple geographies and time zones.
• Finance domain experience.
• Compliance project experience.
• SAFe experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Company Location: Pune, India