Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer Jobs in Sharjah – UAE at Crescent Petroleum
Title: Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
Company: Crescent Petroleum
Location: Sharjah – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Engineering, Energy/Power Generation
MAJOR FUNCTIONS Technical Authority for Rotating Equipment and associated systems and documentation.
Determines the Rotating Equipment strategy for the Operating Facility and provides leadership, direction, and guidance in support of Projects, Operations and Maintenance.
Assures compliance with discipline related legislative, regional, and company mandated standards and application of industry best practice.
Sets and monitors effectiveness of maintenance strategy within discipline to minimize operational risk and optimize equipment reliability and availability at lowest lifecycle cost. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Provide Technical Assurance for all rotating equipment and associated systems for the business.
• Undertake periodic audits and verification exercises to assure adherence to standards within discipline. Report on findings and provide recommendations for any deviations to ensure technical risks are managed.
• Review specifications, bid packages, design and fabrication documentation and recommended manufacturers and suppliers of rotating equipment in support of local and regional projects.
• Specify Tender and manage rotating equipment technical service contracts.
• Act as a coach or mentor to Local National Engineers and Technicians in support of their development and to build in-house capability.
• Create and maintain the regional rotating equipment annual and multi-year plans and provide input to regional and COMPANY strategy.
• Provide OPEX and CAPEX budgets and forecast estimates for annual and the multi-year plans.
• Develop, implement, and monitor performance metrics, measures and KPIs, report on results and make recommendations for improvement.
• Introduce new technology and industry best practices to enhance operational effectiveness and eliminate obsolescence.
• Work closely with the Maintenance Function to improve and optimise rotating equipment efficiency, and reliability utilising proven techniques such as RCM and FMECA and developing standardised practical operating and maintenance procedures and practices.
• Lead RCA Investigations into equipment failures and make recommendations for improvements and elimination of defects.
• Audit and verification of existing kit meets industry, regulated, company mandated, standards.
Minimum Educational, Technical
• Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline
• Chartered Engineer (preferred)
• Membership of a discipline related professional body
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience as a senior rotating equipment engineer or manager in the oil & gas industry ideally with expertise in gas compression.
• Subject matter expert in maintenance techniques with gas and oil rotating equipment.
• Demonstrable success initiating change and delivering improvements and resolving technical issues. Recommended Skills Auditing Performance Metric
Reliability Centered Maintenance
Root Cause Analysis Operations Engineering