Senior Registrar – Intensivist Job in Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia at Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant in Charge of the Intensive Care Unit/Consultant Intensivist in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- To Participate in the teaching and training programme of the ICU as assigned, and participates with the Consultant in Charge of the ICU and the Consultant Intensivist in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Deputizes for the Consultant as required and shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- To be an instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support course (ACLS).
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
Qualifications or Relevant Experience:
- Graduate from a recognized medical school.
- Saudi Board or equivalent higher qualification in Anesthesia or General Medicine.
- Fellowship in Intensive Care or equivalent after the Saudi Board in General Medicine.
PreferredCategory A + B hospitals:
- (a) For Saudi Board or Fellowship holders in Anesthesia no post qualification experience required.
- (b) A minimum of one (1) year full time training/experience in Intensive Care in recognized center after obtaining the higher qualification in General Medicine.
- Publisher of original work, have participated and preferably led original research.
- Experience in teaching.
- Job Location
- Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Public Administration
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Ministry of Defense -Medical Services Directorate
Company Location: Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Public Administration