Senior Regional Accountant Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Stantec Consulting
Title: Senior Regional Accountant
Company: Stantec Consulting
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Accounting, Finance
Job Description and Requirements
Key Tasks and Duties include:
• Booking expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and chasing for approvals.
• Payment of vendors, scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
• Receiving, verifying and Booking employee expense reports.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents.
• Preparing monthly Cash flows
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Reports VAT by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
• Preparation of External Invoices and Postings.
• Attending Vendor calls and resolving queries.
• Assisting in the Internal and External Audit Process.
• Manage full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
• Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to HQ.
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
• Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
• Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
• Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
• Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
Senior Regional Accountant
• Accounts Payable specialist – good understanding of FX Revaluations
• Navision Experience an advantage
• Experience with reviewing expense claims and posting.
• Accounts receivable expert – Dealt with contractors/Government organizations
• Advanced Excel User
• Senior Management reporting experience, would be a plus.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Quick Learner
• Has demonstrated working under pressure in previous role.
• Bachelors degree from an internally recognized university
• Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in finance
• Internationally recognized accreditation is preferred