Senior Materials Manager Jobs in Dubai at McDermott International, Ltd
Title: Senior Materials Manager
Company: McDermott International, Ltd
Efficient and effective control of project equipment / material, processes and documentation in a timely manner and within the parameters of and in compliance with McDermott Global Operating and Quality Procedures conforming to ISO 9001 in a professional, friendly manner at all times.
Liaise with Material Controls Manager, Sr. Project Material Controller, Warehouse Manager, Materials Control System Manager, Project Managers, Surplus Material Coordinator, Inventory Material Coordinator, Preservation Coordinator, Production Engineers, Pre-Commissioning Engineers, Project Expeditors, Logistic Team, QA/QC Inspectors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in Materials management. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
· Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations and lead functional teams deployed at multiple locations.
· Manages the interface and drives discussion of any Materials open issues until conclusion between McDermott, Supplier and Client.
· Leads Materials Core Team and Collaborates with engineering team to interpret engineering requirements.
· Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers through buyers and expeditors.
· Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists and/ or leads in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
· Accountable for successful Control of warehouse operations, including receipt & issuance of Materials to the project on time.
· Monitor bid plan verses actual plan to establish order progress and tracking % Bid vs. % Ordered vs. % Delivered.
· Monitor material utilizations and defines top-up order strategy.
· Propose synergies and strategy for purchase.
· Upon material receipts, ensure that all logs are updated, and postings are carried out in the system.
· Interfacing with Procurement regarding material availability and delivery problems.
· Prepare and furnish operational reports to management team regularly as requested.
· Supporting project requirements with respect to quality, preservation, cost, and schedule.
· Attending, as appropriate, meetings related to project material Transporting and handling, preservation, and issues.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
· Degree/Diploma in Engineering/ Material Management and min 10 years relevant experience
· Specific Industry Training, Knowledge of Engineering / Petrochemical industry or General Engineering / Mechanical background.
· Computer literate and proficient in the use of spreadsheets and / or material management software.
· Fluent in English language (oral +written).
· Able to read, analyse and interpret business periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures.
· Ability to compile / write reports, business correspondence and procedures as well as effectively presenting information and respond to questions from management
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute ratio and percentage.
· Ability to draw and interpret graphs and production schedules etc.
· Familiar with materials, specifications and materials requisitioning systems.
· Purchasing, requisitioning or buying experience advantageo…