Senior Manager, Energy Sector – Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Qatar 1 Job in Doha, Qatar at EY
Senior Manager, Energy Sector – Financial Accounting Advisory Services in Qatar
In Financial Accounting & Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning, and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well, this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY is looking for a Senior Manager to join the team in Qatar to lead our project delivery within the Energy sector, specifically power and utilities. This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly changing market with huge career growth potential.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for participating and /or managing energy sector FAAS engagements, while collaborating with the partner, senior manager, and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
To this end you’ll ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client’s needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented; ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements and monitor the FAAS engagement team’s performance against the budget and alter if necessary.
In addition, identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments, and key performance drivers relevant to the client will be essential as well consulting with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues and participating in sales of new FAAS work.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability, and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources, and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and approximately ten plus years of related work experience
- At least two years of experience working in a Manager capacity
- Understanding and experience of accounting transformation and advisory projects across region and sectors
- CPA / CA / ACCA certification
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in the Middle East & North Africa region
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Company Location: Doha, Qatar