Senior Manager/Architect Job in India at Salesforce.com
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job DetailsWe are looking for a Senior Manager/Director of Engineering to lead the productivity team. Candidate must have strong development and operations background to work with a team that is responsible for architecting, developing and testing of CI pipelines. In this role, you will lead and grow a team of top talent and highly motivated software engineers with varying levels of expertise in development and operations. Your team will need to deliver highly complex products with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service.
As a senior technical leader of the engineering team, you will be responsible of:
- Build the Productivity team by attracting and retaining top talent.
- Roadmap planning, defining milestones and leading the team to execute on the plan.
- Lead a team of high caliber engineers in their career growth, and foster a culture of innovation and risk-taking.
- Establish mature development, quality assurance, release, and deployment process. Apply industry standard engineering practices to make the platform secure and resilient.
- Interacting with broader organisations at Salesforce to scale the database platform.
You will drive this by:
- Working with architects, and engineering managers to drive the strategy for your product areas, plan the roadmap, and enable your team to deliver consistently with high quality
- Creating architecture and standard development platforms and frameworks for your teams
- Guiding teams through the development process using hands-on development and keeping high bar on quality.
- Motivate and align team members with business and project goals.
- Being the project manager to help the team organize and prioritize.
- Constantly improving culture, communications, and process.
- Owning and resolving Customer issues with urgency and building customer trust
- Working with our architects to deliver the vision across our technology stack and for all our cloud offerings
- Drive cross-team work with other engineering managers and foster autonomy, inclusivity, innovation, learning, respect and transparency while holding a high bar for delivery
- BE/BTech in computer science, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience with highly-scalable and highly-available systems.
- Experienced with managing teams that developed complex and high performance features.
- Experience managing engineers in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience with modern SaaS DevOps environments, cloud and container technologies.
- Solid working knowledge of the Linux operating system & shell scripting
- Strong object-oriented programming skills (Java, Python, C++)
- Ability to oversee multiple complex project deliveries in parallel.
- Prior experience with using Kubernetes to build and operate clusters is a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in directly managing software engineers across varying aspects of development including architectural work, coding, testing and performance characterisation
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Other Business Support Services
- Company Type
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company Location: India