SENIOR LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Parsons – United Arab Emirates
- Extensive knowledge in the names and types of softscape (plantation) with the requirement for each of the softscape (plantation)
- Review landscape (softscaping and hardscaping) and irrigation networks technical design packages and provide comments.
- Review and comments on the landscape and irrigation network Engineering submittals (shop drawings, material submittals, method statements, etc.
- Prepare reports, manuals and guideline documents pertaining to specific landscape issues as required by the client.
- Provide support to the Construction Supervision team and oversee landscape design and construction services.
- Coordination of Landscaping features with other assets such as signage, street furniture, playground equipment, outdoor gyms, etc.
- Liaise with Landscape Design Consultants and Contractors.
- Coordinate with other relevant disciplines such as Engineers, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, etc.
- Attend weekly / monthly meetings as necessary with specific regard to landscape and HSSE issues
- Liaise with Key Stakeholders to ensure a smooth handover of landscape assets on completion of works
- Provide landscape input to weekly / monthly reports.
- Ensure the timely review of all documents submitted by the Consultant and/or Contractor.
- Inform the Landscape Design Architect and/or Team Leader of any potential delays in the project completion or milestones.
- Participate in all site safety training and comply with all site safety protocols.
- Provide all necessary on-site direction and assist the Construction Manager to issue site instructions for landscaping, irrigation and associated items.
- Check and measure the performed work in his/her line of work, record and help the Team Leader to display progress vs programmed work.
- Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘As-Built’ drawings within his/her line of work.
- Conduct site inspections and provide measures to improve the aesthetics of the site and landscaping works
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architectural with 10+ years of experience including Parks, or Post-graduate Degree with 8+ years of experience in Landscape Architectural.
- Preferably with a relevant professional qualification and affiliation from a recognized landscape body.
- At least 8+ years post-graduate related work experience in Landscaping Design and Construction Supervision, inclusive of at least 5 years of experience in the GCC region.
- Significant experience in technical reviews and comments on technical design packages.
- Proficient in landscape and hardscape detailing such as design and specifications for all external finishes, level changes, walls, minor structures, drainage, water features etc.
- Proficient in softscape detailing such as design and specification of all plant materials, planting medium, preparation of the site, contours & grading and control of all horticultural practices for installation works.
- Integration of Public Parks components including outdoors gyms, playground equipment, etc.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Years of Experience
- Min: 8
Company: Parsons – United Arab Emirates
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy