Senior IT Solutions Associate G7 Job in Yerevan, Armenia at World Food Programme
JOB PURPOSEGiven the above and taking into consideration the upcoming scaled-up activities, the Country Office has identified the need to hire a team which can take the emergency preparedness activities forward rapidly. The team will be composed of a Programme Policy Consultant (Disaster Preparedness) and a support personnel (Business Support Assistant and Senior IT Solutions Associate). The team will help the Deputy Country Director to contribute to enhanced preparedness and facilitate swift delivery of aid, supporting the capacity and ability of the Government and humanitarian community to respond to needs of population affected by emergency, shocks and stressors. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and the direct supervision of the consultant for Social Protection the Senior IT Solutions Associate will be responsible for the below duties:Social Protection Sector• Support Country Office in the formulation of strategies, resource mobilization and in the design of social protection programs IT and Data ecosystems.; • Prepare clear technical systems documentation for developed IT solutions as part of the partnership with the Government (Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs) and in coordination with UNDP and UNICEF • Contribute with technical support and analysis to the government IT counterparts within the WFP COVID 19 IR program implementation:- Beneficiary identification- Beneficiary lists, data accuracy- Beneficiary registration- Applying targeting and criteria-based identification- IT & data unified operations- Data synchronicity and availability for Monitoring/reporting- Assist country leadership in evaluation of distribution channels available within the scope of data, IT efficiency and synergies- IT & data risk evaluation, risk mitigation plan and recommendations for the program implementation• Provide support to the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of Armenia with evaluating its IT ecosystem and contribute to the strategy formulation and contribute to the formulation of a road map for setting up a Government owned beneficiary information management IT and data ecosystem. • Support the Social protection lead in the development and implementation of on-going and longer-term agenda with the MLSA in view of WFP mission and strategy in Armenia Digitization and Innovation• Support capacity building of Country Office staff related to the use of IT systems; • Contribute with ideas in the area of digitization and innovation enhancing Country Office capacity for social protection programs and other programme streams;• Collect and collate data, and conduct basic analysis for impact, efficiency or effect assessments of the initiatives implemented• Support the communication in this area with staff Data Governance• Critical review of existing programs’ and initiatives’ data availability and tools • Prepare a presentation on findings and opportunities for integration, efficiency• Consider data governance structures to maximise Country Office data driven decision-making capacity• For any recommendations lead implementation of recommendations
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Programming languages and techniques, Web services and interfaces, or other relevant field. Experience: At least 4 years of experience in the development of systems and applications needed to fulfil business requirements; experience in the administration and support of the applications; experience in preparing reports/trainings on IT related subjects. Previous experience in building capacity and partnerships with government authorities is desired. Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of database technologies, networking technologies, cloud technologies; Knowledge of KoBo Toolbox and other open source software;Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders; ability to plan and organize work with minimum supervision; ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and Armenian languages; working knowledge (level B) of Russian language is an advantage.4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
- Job Location
- Yerevan, Armenia
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Job Category: Non-profit Organization