Senior IT Operations Associate (Infrastructure & Networking) FTA-G7 Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food-insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Under the direct supervision the Infrastructure and Networking Team Leader and overall supervision of the IT Operations Officer, the IT Operations Associate will provide technical support for the design, implementation and maintenance of the Country Office Network and telecommunications infrastructure in the country office and, provide second level support to the field offices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review operations to ensure installed infrastructure enables an excellent service to customers and compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Review existing installation and, design and implement improvements to support an excellent operation.
- Conduct regular maintenances, upgrades or enhancements of existing network and telecommunications systems and applications
- Assess related training needs for staff and help develop appropriate training material.
- Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met.
- Provide training and advice to colleagues and end users of IT services,
- Proactively anticipate, resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Coordinate the collation of a range of complex data, conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports in order to identify and recommend solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance of systems and hardware by junior technology assistants to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy a variety of documentation and equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support the development of integrated IT support services.
- Provide support to users, log and analyze all requests for support in accordance with standard processes, to support staff to deliver their services.
- Support the development and implementation of plans for the delivery of a full range of IT services and improvements to methods and processes in order to meet operational requirements.
- Attend escalated level 2 support in networking and telecommunication systems
- Perform other related duties as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post -secondary school certificate in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering .
Experience: At least six years or more years of relevant progressive responsible experience in in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of IT networking systems telecommunication services. Proven effective, hands-on networking experience in installing IT networks (Cabling, Routers, Access Points, Firewalls, Internet connections, VSATs), Telecommunications (PBX Systems, Voice Communications), and the supporting electrical installations (Backup power, UPS systems, Generators and solar power).
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization