Senior Engineer Control Systems_Silica Job in Delhi, India at Bechtel
Requisition ID: 255404
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/30/2022
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer with minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience in metals & mining sector. Performs assignments that will develop professional work knowledge and abilities through the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Exercises limited but increasing judgment in performing assigned tasks. Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
A. Supervision Received
Receives technical and administrative supervision from Project Engineering Manager and Chief Control Systems.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provide technical direction & assists as appropriate to the team member, drafters, technicians, GETs and Junior Engineers who perform specific design support assignments.
Maintains contact with the immediate work group or discipline and interfaces with other disciplines as specifically directed
Essential Job Responsibilities: ·
Assists the team members in performing following activities and checking these deliverables. Performs these activities should the need arises.
• Preparation of Design Criteria for Controls and Instrumentation.
• Thorough knowledge in sizing Pressure Safety Valves·
• Perform control valve, flow element and thermowell sizing calculations and basic preliminary
• Networking of all the mechanical package control systems in Silica Smelter.
• Preparation & checking of Instrumentation Specification for Mechanical Packages like anode handling
and vendor print review.
• Development of Spec, MR and Vendor Print Review of Analyzer System, Fiscal Metering and Machine
• Preparation of Functional Safety Management Plan and Safety Requirement Specification
• Assists in developing or reviews discipline material quantity estimates. ·
• Preparation of Complex Loop Control Narratives, Cause and Effect Matrix for Process and F&G System,
• Development of I/O data base for DCS, SIS, F&G and Mechanical Vendor Packages.
• Preparation of Instrument Index, Data Sheet, Wiring and Loop Diagrams, Loop Folders, Calculation in
Smart Plant Instrumentation.
• Preparation of Technical Specification, Datasheet, Technical queries, Technical Bid, Analysis (TBA) of
the various Supplier’s offers for various instruments like: Transmitters, Temperature Elements, Mass
flow meters, etc.
• Preparation of Level Sketches and Cable Block Diagrams·
• Preparation of Instrument Installation Details, Bulk Material Take off and assist designers in Modelling of
instruments, junction boxes and allocation of Remote I/O’s and Cross wiring between DCS Marshalling
Cabinet and System Cabinets.
• Participation & closeout in 3D Model Review Sessions, Hazop and SIL/LOPA Reviews.
• Coordinates assigned work with other technical personnel as directed.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon bluntness, trust, communication,
teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Basic technical knowledge of Control System engineering in Alumina Smelters.
• Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and
engineering and design calculations.
• Acknowledge of industry regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the
• Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction
methods and materials.
• Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating.
• Job knowledge of various types of field Instrumentation, DCS, PLC, Hazardous/Dust areas is
• Design experience or Basic knowledge of DCS / PLC and SCADA Networks, Fiber optic and CAT 6 is
• Basic awareness industry standards Application Programs such as SPI, Smart Plant, Flowel.
• Basic awareness of industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the engineering
• Basic skills in oral and written communication.
B Tech/B.E. in Instrumentation & Control from a recognized university·
Engineering and Design experience in Silica Smelters EPC or FEED Projects
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
Company Location: Delhi, India