Senior Economist Job in Abu Dhabi, UAE at Arab Monetary Fund
Arab Monetary Fund is a regional Arab financial institution based in Abu Dhabi, with the mission to lay the monetary foundation of Arab economic integration and to accelerate the process of economic development of its member countries. In this context, the AMF supports banking and financial sector development in the Arab States and provide assistance towards its integrity and efficiency. Moreover, the AMF carries out and acts as a technical secretariat for the Council of Arab Ministers of Finance, the Council of Arab Central Banks and Monetary Authorities’ Governors as well as for its sub-committees and task forces.
The AMF is seeking to hire “Senior Economist”.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and preparing reports related to Economic and Financial topics
- Providing training courses, workshops, and technical assistance in the fields related to the AMF work.
- Preparation of training materials and workshops organized by AMF.
- Participation in teaching and lecturing.
- Economic forecasting and analysis of the macro and sectoral impacts of economic policies.
- Active participation in the implementation of activities related to the various initiatives on the AMF.
- Technical participation in the work of committees and working groups emanating from the Council of Arab Central Bank Governors and Arab Monetary Authorities and the Council of Arab Finance Ministers, and the various economic and financial activities organized by the Fund.
- Knowledge of recent developments in the areas of digital economy and Financial technologies
Selection criteria an academic qualifications and experience required:
- Arab country’s citizen.
- A Ph.D. in economics from a reputable university
- 10 years of experience in areas related to the work of the Arab Monetary Fund, preferably assuming a supervisory role in central banks, ministries of finance, research centers, or similar regional and international institutions.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, economic modeling and forecasting.
- Experience in the formulation of macroeconomic policies to achieve economic goals and interaction between different macroeconomic policies.
- The ability to provide in-depth economic analysis and tailor policy recommendations to support the decision-making process.
- A record of recent publications in refereed economic journals in the economic, financial, and monetary fields.
- Providing training courses in areas of specialization mentioned above.
- Deep knowledge in data analysis, econometrics, and economic modeling programs.
- Fluent in Arabic, English, and French is plus.
The fund offers competitive terms of service in accordance with the applicable employment policy, which includes tax free salary, housing allowance, furniture allowance, air tickets, education allowance, and life & medical insuranceOnly short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Financial Services; Investment, Securities & Funds
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Finance and Investment
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 10
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Min: 18 Max: 50
Company: Arab Monetary Fund
Company Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Category: Financial Services; Investment, Securities & Funds