Senior Catering & Conference Service Manager Jobs in Dubai – UAE at Marriott Hotels
Title: Senior Catering & Conference Service Manager
Company: Marriott Hotels
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Management, Hospitality/Catering
Posting Date Sep 07, 2021
Job Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton Dubai FIN, International Financial District, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAPBrand The Ritz-Carlton
Schedule Full-TimeRelocation? NPosition Type Management
Located Remotely? N At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton. JOB SUMMARY Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.)
and executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. CANDIDATE PROFILE
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area. OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required. JOB SPECIFIC TASKS Participating in and Leading Catering Teams
• Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Understands how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Demonstrates personal integrity, manages time well, and is highly visible in areas of responsibility.
• Builds a positive work environment by demonstrating self confidence, energy and enthusiasm. Supporting the Management of Catering Operations
• Interacts with other catering employees, customers and guests, vendors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all departments within the property.
• Communicates group needs to various departments within the property.
• Prompts handling of all inquiries within market and parameters.
• Creates written and verbal presentations effectively. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Communicates all details of catering events to operating departments and customers.
• Manages the quality process in areas of customer service and employee satisfaction. Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Qualifies business and tracks leads.
• Solicits and books meetings, conferences and catered corporate and social events.
• Finalizes and upsells catering arrangements for group/convention business.
• Negotiates and markets to drive sales and create profits.
• Identifies customer needs and all sales opportunities which ensure successful catering events. Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• Supports the development, training, and mentoring of employees.
• Demonstrates knowledge of how and when to impose deadlines and delegate tasks.
• Motivates and provides a work environment in which employees are productive.
• Listens and responds to employee’s needs.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflict situations effectively.
• Develops and manages hourly employees.
• Adheres to EEO and AA policies. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We beli…