Senior Buyer – Stationery Job in Doha, Qatar at ALIF STORES
The Senior Buyer- Station is responsible for proposing short-term as well as long-term sourcing strategies for his/her category, making market intelligence and competition analysis, sourcing products, equipment and services, and managing vendors while performing procurement activities related to his/her product category for creating value for money supply base for the organization.
- Running the necessary market intelligence and competition analysis to define the best sources with the best price positioning and competitive advantages of the sourced product under his/her category.
- Ensuring that procedures are complied with by internal stakeholders and suppliers and working with senior managers to assist with improving of processes to control expenditures and reduce costs.
- Identifying allocated purchasing activities to achieve best value for money by applying the five rights of purchasing and value for money criteria (Quality, Quantity, Price, Place and Time) to any purchase of goods and services.
- Assisting Procurement Head to achieve the annual savings plan by identifying, achieving and recording cost savings based on issuing the necessary RFQs and negotiating with suppliers to agree contract terms that will achieve the interests of the organization and generate savings.
- Analyzing reports and data on the quality of goods and services supplied and taking actions with suppliers or internal stakeholders to remedy and prevent defects.
- Monitoring internal and external lead times and taking actions to remedy delays and improve lead time performance.
- Job Location
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry
- Bookshop & Consumer Media
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3 Max: 5
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: ALIF STORES
Company Location: Doha, Qatar
Job Category: Bookshop & Consumer Media