school Assistant Principal Job in Cairo, Egypt at IVY International Schools
- M.Ed., B.Ed. or a relevant Bachelor’s Degree with a Teaching Qualification
- Experience: 3 years of teaching experience required
- 2 years of administrative experience preferred
Type of Staff:
- Male or Female can apply to this job
- Excellent command of English
- International experience is a plus
- Additional: Experience of the USA Curriculum is preferable
Skills and Abilities:Demonstrated instructional leadership skills and knowledge of how to effectively develop and implement curriculum, the effective use of technology in the classroom, how to evaluate, motivate and develop staff, andhow to provide students with an effective learning environment
- Must have considerable knowledge of how to effectively integrate the skills and processes required by government into curriculum.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, parents, community and upper management.
- Ability to use computer including software, database, MS Office Suite, calculator, copy machine and telephone.
- Understands and supports the mission, vision and values of IVY International Schools.
- Assists the principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with the philosophy, policies and goals of the School Board and administration.
- Assists in the overall administration of the school interpreting and enforcing school district policies and regulations.
- Supervises, evaluates and motivates teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
- Serves as principal in the absence of the principal. Proposes schedules of classes and extracurricular activities and helps to schedule courses.
- Works with department heads in compiling the annual budget requests.
- Ensures that requisitions are submitted for supplies, textbooks, and equipment and conducts inventories and maintains records.
- Assists in coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other school support services.
- Helps conduct safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Assists the principal in the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and the maintenance of student discipline.
- Maintains a variety of files; prepares periodic and special reports as required.
- Identifies the special needs of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of school district specialists as required.
- Assists teachers in evaluating methods and materials and developing an effective lesson plan and classroom preparation.
- Assists in the coordination and supervision of guidance services.
- Helps supervise curriculum planning; makes studies of curriculum in cooperation with department heads, chairpersons, etc.
- Participates in the hiring and evaluation of teacher performance.
- Participates in organizing school events and activities.
- Creates and enforces a positive school culture and student standards of behavior.
- Conferences with parents or guardians regarding student behavior, performance, or needs.
- Ensures school compliance with local, state, and partner-school regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
Company: IVY International Schools
Company Location: Cairo, Egypt
Job Category: Higher Education