SaT_LA_Manager_Hub Job in Gurgaon, India at Ernst & Young
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY Lead Advisory – Strategy and Transactions (SaT) – Manager
As part of our EY Lead Advisory team, you will provide tactical and strategic advice to clients and help them grow inorganically or realize synergies through acquisitions, enter new geographical markets, sell or separate existing business, raise new capital (debt and equity) or restructure existing capital. The assistance ranges from pre-deal to closing a deal, including originating or identifying buy side or sell side M&A opportunities, preparing client discussion materials, identifying acquisition targets or strategic / financial buyers, transaction valuation, developing marketing collaterals, business plans, amongst others. The client base spans across industries and includes mid-sized corporates, multinational investors, Private Equity firms and family offices.
We’re looking for Managers with expertise in Investment Banking to join our EY Lead Advisory Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a leading firm whilst being instrumental in the growth of a dynamic team.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead a team of 10-15 professionals undertaking M&A buy or sell side deals for EY Lead Advisory clients
- Working on deal origination ideas / presentations OR pitch books OR buyer or target identification
- Performing valuation analysis using precedent transactions OR trading comparative valuation analysis OR DCF
- Preparing extensive business plan and financial models
- Working on live deals and helping in financial diligence process, preparing Information memorandums OR Management presentations OR Teasers
- Developing strong relationships with clients and lead the internal business development efforts to grow the sector the regional practice in the defined area of responsibility
- Participate actively in building an industry focused practice across EY service lines; Specialization in a specific sector will be an added advantage
- Contribute in development of intellectual capital in your industry of expertise
- Contribute to the development of new services
- Drive the implementation of new Analytics techniques and develop efficiency in the existing work
- Drive the implementation of L&D priorities in the team
Skills and attributes for success
- Expert understanding of the M&A deal lifecycle. Ability to understand and analyse an industry and company to deliver tactical or strategic insights for inorganic expansion or spin offs or stake sale
- Strong communication, presentation and team building skills and experience in producing high quality meeting decks, client presentations
- Strong knowledge of valuations principles and financial statements
- Strong financial research and analytical skills
- Exposure to DCF valuation, Merger models and financial due diligence
To qualify for the role, you must have
- MBA (Finance) OR Certified Financial Analyst OR Chartered Accountant
- 8-10 years of work experience in Investment Banking or Equity research engagements
- Strong experience in M&A Strategy research, Pitch books, Target or buyer identification, financial research, client discussion materials and financial analysis
- Strong understanding of financial modelling and company valuation techniques
- Expert knowledge of research databases such as Capital IQ, One Source, Factiva, Thomsonone etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Project management skills
- Team management skills
- Exposure to tools like VBA, PowerBI, Thinkcell, Crimson Hexagon etc. will be an added advantage
What we look for
- A Team of people with commercial acumen, technical experience and enthusiasm to learn new things in this fast-moving environment
- An opportunity to be a part of market-leading, multi-disciplinary team of 1400 + professionals, in the only integrated global transaction business worldwide.
- Opportunities to work with EY SaT practices globally with leading businesses across a range of industries
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Company: Ernst & Young
Company Location: Gurgaon, India