Restaurant Manager (Lebanese/Syrian) Job in Dubai, UAE at Confidential Company
· Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training program.
· Coordination with the Operations Manager/Owner with regards to employment and termination.
· Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
· Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of management and professional development.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
· Manage shifts as needed – schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
· Fully understand and comply with all county, government and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
· To provide employee orientation and training to enhance efficiency.
· To prepare monthly and weekly schedule and summary of attendance/overtime for payroll purposes.
· Observe and evaluate staffs and work procedures to ensure quality standards, good customer service, and complete disciplinary write-ups.
2. Safety & Food Hygiene
· Ensure that all food and products are high quality and prepared and served following set standards.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Fully understand and comply with municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
· Carrying out regular audits to check health safety, food safety and quality of service in the restaurant.
· Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
· Knowledgeable in food, beverage and labor costs and how to maintain its inventory.
· Knowledgeable of Cost Control, managing and/or reducing restaurant expenses by identifying what their costs are and evaluate whether those costs are reasonable and affordable.
· Ensure that all food and beverage products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards and consult with Kitchen Leader in regards to any deviations.
· Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through continuous training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
4. Sales & Marketing
· Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant functions with the intent goal to increase sales.
· Carry out/execute restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
· Stay focused during busy times and delegate tasks to employees/staffs to keep the business running smoothly.
· Managing shift, which includes: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
6. Being Enthusiastic
· Ensures that all guests feel welcome with needed guest “excellent” service standards and efficient operations (being responsive when they have questions, concerns or complaints, friendly, putting a happy face and courteous/professional service at all times).
7. Staying Attentive
· To be attentive to your employees by helping in motivating them to succeed and improve.
· Keep your staff in high spirits and be as helpful as possible to customers and clients.
· Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
Company: Confidential Company
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Catering, Food Service, & Restaurant