Re-advertise – Logistics Assistant (Transport) Job in Hodeidah, Yemen at World Food Programme
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTThis position is based at WFP Area office in Hodeidah. The holder is likely to report to the a Logistics Officer, a Head of Unit, or the designate.At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.JOB PURPOSETo implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)1. Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.2. Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.3. Support management of logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.4. Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.5. Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.6. Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.7. Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.8. Support operational pipeline analyses, assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities.9. Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor.10. Collect and compile data, produce and/or contribute to reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems in support to informed decision-making.11. Liaise with internal and limited number of external stakeholders to support efficient logistics operations management.12. Provide guidance to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Completion of secondary school education supplemented by a post-secondary certificate or course(s) in related area.Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience including at least two (2) years’ experience in Logistics.Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic & English languagesNationality: Yemeni National / valid work/residency permit holders onlyDESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE• Experience using corporate systems to monitor ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.• Experience analysing data (on commodities, funds, etc.) and drafting reports.• Experience in measuring service providers’ performance against set KPIs.• Experience in assisting the preparation of contract documentation.• Experience in providing technical business support in corporate systems.4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Job Location
- Hodeidah, Yemen
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Logistics and Transportation
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Hodeidah, Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization