Quality Controller / Vehicle Tester – Hino Trucks | Commercial Vehicle | Dubai Job in Dubai, UAE at Al Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Quality Controller / Vehicle Tester – Hino Trucks | Commercial Vehicle | Dubai
About the Position:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Controller / Vehicle INspector to join our Commercial Vehicle Team in Dubai. You will be responsible for preparing technicians to accomplish job results and ensuring the quality of the work carried out on customer vehicles by conducting checks. The role involves in interaction with customers during new vehicle delivery in case of demonstrations etc.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Follows key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets
- Works with the Centre to develop improved, more efficient processes
- Talks to customers to understand and summarize the details of the work required or carried out and confirm the complaint symptoms.
- Offers customers a detailed technical explanation (where this is required) in a way that recognizes their level of technical proficiency in layman terms that is clearly understood by customers
- Coaches and supports apprentice technicians – for example by explaining a repair on a step-by-step basis as it is being carried out or allowing an apprentice to carry out part of a job.
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues who are less skilled or knowledgeable about a particular vehicle or technology
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the Centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures the Service Advisor is updated at all times with the communication with customer.
- Ensures the most appropriate specialist follows up opportunities for sales.
- Reports on technical problems using appropriate procedures when dealing with customers and Hino.
- Conduct daily meeting with the Workshop Manager and Parts team to exceed performance expectations
- Manage facility to comply with the Hino Corporate Image standards
- Ensure 100% compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a Trade Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical /Automobile Engineering. You should have at least a minimum of 3 years’ recent experience as a Quality Controller or Inspector or Road Tester in the commercial vehicle industry. You must have an excellent technical knowledge in diagnosing and repairing cars. A valid UAE driving license is a must!
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Quality Control
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Al Futtaim Group
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Accounting