Purchasing Lead (FMCG Supply and Demand Planner) Jobs in Dubai at Grocart
Title: Purchasing Lead (FMCG Supply and Demand Planner)
FMCG Purchasing Lead / Supply and Demand Planner
We’re a dynamic, friendly and task-focused team that is expanding rapidly, working out of Dubai for the whole region. We are passionate about using technology to fix the wholesale-chain and getting great deals for retailers. We bring together people who really care about suppliers’ wholesale business to make it easier for stores to discover and buy their goods. Grocart is the right company for individuals passionate about adding value in a fast-growing technology company.
The Purchasing Lead / Supply and Demand Planner will be responsible for procurement functions & developing long term strategy plans with the aim to build relationships with suppliers & provide superior customer service to all customers. You will also be responsible for development & implementation of the company’s short term & long term strategies (new business partners, operations optimization, stock management, Profitability, budget preparation, service and quality assurance).
He/she will be responsible for leading inventory management strategies to maximize customer experience, sales, margin and turns, as well as end-to-end business ownership of all supply chain processes from manufacturer to consumer. They will use data to influence others and build scalable systems & processes, rather than just addressing single issues. He/she will play a critical role in delivering the optimal customer experience by ensuring we have the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time.
To achieve this mission, Purchasing Lead / Supply and Demand Planner works to continuously optimize our end-to-end supply chain by engaging with vendors to improve operational metrics and driving system and process automation with key internal teams.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, a self-starter and possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities. They must be fearless but thoughtful in their pursuit of results and thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel. Strong candidates will have knowledge in fundamental business principles and previous relevant experience.
“Go creative & beyond the expected”
· Forecast and manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, and managing down unproductive inventory
· Reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between vendors and Grocart
· Work with internal teams to help drive tools and process improvements that affect purchasing and category management workflow, with emphasis on automating tasks that are currently performed manually
· Oversee the Supply and Demand function including demand planning, ordering and capacity management.
· Develop a demand plan based on business trends and demand patterns.
· Schedule forecast review meetings with management on a regular basis.
· Update forecasts for new products, seasonal products, discounts, promotions.
· Manage New product launches , new SKU addition along with new partners addition to forecast and ensuring SOP’s are conclusive to that.
· Oversee daily activities of team and provide guidance as needed.
· Analyze and troubleshoot demand related issues in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintain demand planning processes to improve forecast accuracy.
· Follow all relevant policies, procedures, and processes for the daily work to be carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
· Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes, practices, work processes, cost effectiveness, and productivity enhancement.
· Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline.
· Previous Purchasing experience is a must in a reputable wholesaler / trader / hypermarket
· 4+ years of experience in inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
· Proven experience in FMCG Industry & category management in UAE
· Successful record of partnerships & business development
· Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
· Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel and statistical software
· Track record of delivering results and an ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
· Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
· Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line
· Proactive attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and dig deep to achieve high level goals
· Experience working with large and complex data sets to drive business decisions
· Proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Superb in Planning and Forecasting
· Excellent negotiation skills
Job Types: Full-time, ContractContract length: 12 months
Ability to commute/relocate:
Dubai: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Application Deadline: 20/05/2022