Public Relations Specialist Jobs in Dubai – UAE at The Emirates Group
Title: Public Relations Specialist
Company: The Emirates Group
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Marketing/PR, Administrative/Clerical
Plan, monitor and assist the Public Relations Managers to enhance Emirates’ share of voice in the media and PR field. Gain positive publicity for the Emirates Group and manage relations with the larger community. Support Emirates Group’s brands, regions, campaigns, sponsorships and events as deemed necessary by the PR Manager.
Please note for this particular role candidates with journalism experience are preferred.
– Implement approved PR plans and monitor timelines and deliverables for desgnated brands and regions to ensure timely delivery of projects.
– Research and write creative and engaging press releases, articles and other copy for publications in line with communications objectives and with a view to enhancing the company’s positive image and share of voice. Seek internal approvals, both from Corporate Communications and the business units, before dissemination.
– Create briefs with a view to capturing inspiring and media-savvy photography and videos and escort such assignments that support PR releases and copy.
– Prepare and co-ordinate itineraries of visiting journalists, and escort the media for the scheduled company site visits with a view to best presenting Emirates and Dubai and thus achieve maximum coverage in the targeted media.
– Brief senior executives and escort interviews with both print and broadcast media with a view to ensuring that key messages, accurate information and data are communicated, and any possibilities of miscommunication are mitigated or minimised.
– Build strong and effective media relations to support PR for regions/brands. Respond to media queries with carefully researched and approved information, in order to maintain consistency of the information provided to different media within set guidelines.
– Generate clear, accurate and concise reports to both business units and internally on PR initiatives providing ROI and measuring effectiveness through agreed guidelines.
– Liaise effectively with all external suppliers including PR agencies and internally with specialist and account management functions to maximise PR opportunities and provide integrated marcomms. Support PR manager with updating the crisis communications plans and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
– Use all available Management Information Systems such as media release distribution system, Sharepoint sites, Empower, ekgroup.com, event management system to manage and track projects
– Research, identify and disseminate information within the department about new developments and achievements in the organisation to feed into the PR plan and objectives. Research and recommend new trends, applications and media for broader discussion within the department.
Qualifications& Experience Marketing & Media Communication Advertising : 5+ Years Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Experience ofworking in a PR agency, as a communications specialist or journalist (reporter or sub-editor) for a recognised newspaper. Knowledge/Ability/
– Should have excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English. Any other languages would be an advantage. The ability to handle several diverse projects concurrently and independently is critical. Should have a friendly demeanour and good inter-personal skills. Should be proficient in MS Office. Salary & Benefits Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our …