Project Director – Buildings (FE-PM) Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at Construction & Engineering Recruitment Specialist
Directing specified project held in the area by developing adequate work systems and procedures to ensure efficient project execution. Handling the responsibility for the delivery, profitability and quality of the project outcome by overseeing and managing all policies and procedures related to project operations, establishing adequate standards for excellence and performance indicators to evaluate overall performance against project objective and ensuring that the project are being executed in a timely and professional manner.
- Supervising the implementation of Policies, Goals and Strategies.
- Supervising the implementation of the Project plans, as well as ensuring their compliance with company’s rules and policies.
- Developing project work plan; assigning work activities, project and program, monitoring work flow, reviewing and evaluating work methods and procedures, and directing such activities to serve project goals and plans.
- Proposing plans and programs that boost the effectiveness of the project.
- Ensuring that instructions, circulars and organizational and technical decisions are followed and applied at appropriate time.
- Ensuring that work activities are carried out according to the pre-set performance goals, and suggesting any necessary actions to the Director of projects / Executive Director.
- Conducting periodic meetings with subordinates to follow up smooth running of activities and keeping abreast with latest business-related practices.
Executive & Technical Duties
- Leading the development of methods, procedures and plans for the project related functions such as construction, procurement, administration, health and safety, and supervising the associated implementation.
- Ensuring the proper management and control of all tasks and activities of project at all stages and conditions in order to ensure delivering outcomes within the required timeframe, budget and quality.
- Studying project and building contract documents, and reviewing the developed execution plans and programs, as well as fostering the use of various time management tools and methods to control changes to schedules.
- Assisting in the preparation of project budget, approving subcontractors, tenders, purchase orders, materials submittal, and controlling payments to subcontractors.
- Ensuring that the project are being managed in a safe and professional manner, undertaken in compliance with contractual requirements and executed at the required performance level.
- Leading the development of key performance indicators to measure the overall performance against the project goals and meet clients’ expectations in a timely and professional manner.
- Approving changes to the project scopes, variance factors and changes to budgets, and reviewing the detailed project final account.
- Overseeing the project related documents and approving produced documents such as construction method statements and drawings to be submitted to the client.
- Reviewing status reports concerned in on-site operations to ensure that standards of building performance, quality, cost schedules, and safety are maintained, in addition to reviewing tests and inspection results for the project and taking necessary action.
- Overseeing the progress of the project and empowering project managers with methods to deliver required outcomes within the predefined timeframes.
- Ensuring that adequate resources are being provided to the project as necessary and controlling project budget and expenditures.
- Approving regular reports and deliverables required by the clients and assisting in resolving any upcoming conflicts or discrepancies.
General Administrative Duties
- Preparing periodic reports with respect to the project activities and achievement to be submitted to the Director of projects / Executive Director.
- Specifying manpower requirement for the project according to the recruitment and selection and human resources planning practices.
- Recommending training needs of subordinates and evaluating the outcomes of training courses in coordination with the concerned human resources personnel.
- Following-up on employee administrative affairs such as: vacations, leaves …etc.
- Conducting performance appraisals for subordinates according to scheduled plans and recommending necessary actions as per the applied practices.
- Nominating a deputy to carry out the responsibilities of the position whenever the need arises.
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the Director of projects / Executive Director.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Twelve years of experience in project management, of which at least Seven in a managerial position
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic Language
- Advanced training courses in Project Management
- Advanced training courses in Planning management
- Advanced training courses in financial management
- We have a long list of Project Management Consulting and Main Contracting companies who are always looking for Top Candidates for their future projects across the GCC Region!
- Our new platform will allow us to represent you like never before. Our consultants will be out there with the sole mission to bring you options with your favorite employers. Once you have matched any of our opportunities, one of our consultants will contact you to discuss the role further.
- Should your skills and experience match our initial requirements, your profile will automatically be added on our AI system, FifthEdge, and you will receive a welcome email confirmation within the next 24-48 hours.
- Please note that it is vital that you complete your profile on the site and your contact details are updated so we can easily reach you once we have finalized the roles.
- Job Location
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Civil Engineering
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12
- Residence Location
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company: Construction & Engineering Recruitment Specialist
Company Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Civil Engineering