Project Controls Engineer – Infrastructure Job in Dubai, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Project Controls Engineer – Infrastructure
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons provides construction supervision consultancy to a flagship infrastructure project in Dubai, UAE. The planned development encompasses commercial districts linked by leisure developments that expand into further residential neighborhoods and parks in an area of approximately 400 hectares. Scope of work includes internal roads, external highway intersections, bridges, street lighting, electrical (HV and LV) networks, district cooling, potable water, sewerage, storm water drainage networks, waste management and other structures and infrastructure works.
• The Project Controls Engineer may produce and/or compile or assist in completing any one of the following utilizing analytical tools and techniques:
• Capture, calculate, analyze, report and recommend on project data including schedule, cost / budget, risk, quality, and safety.
• Undertake variance analysis and trends analysis on project data.
• Review commitments, expenditures, calculate accruals and develop forecasts for ETC and EAC.
• Develop cash flow forecasts.
• Support and perform integration of scope, cost and schedule within the WBS and ensure mapping is accurate on an on-going basis.
• Perform Earned Value calculations relative to cost and schedule; provide overall performance measurement and related forecasting.
• Track and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics including EV, variances, trends, production rates, etc.
• May produce and/or support probabilistic modeling using software / computational algorithms.
• Maintain current cost control database.
• Review proposed schedule changes with construction personnel, client and contractors and assess impact on cost / budget.
• Oversee detailed engineering and construction project reports prepared by the CMA to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Support the education of CMA / Contractor / Consultant staff in the Program Project Controls Requirements; enforce requirements.
• Promptly anticipates cost overages or other unsatisfactory cost elements and prepares cost exception reports.
• Maintain liaison with client’s financial staff. Reconcile and coordinate cost data with client’s financial system.
• Complete additional duties as assigned.
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Business Consultancy Services