PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER – COST Job in Dubai, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Do you want to be part of a great team working on some of the world’s greatest engineering and construction projects with the latest software? Parsons is currently seeking a project control engineer/specialist to contribute expertise in project controls, scheduling, and earned value management. At this level, the Project Control Engineer/Specialist has sufficient training, technical expertise to work mostly independently on assigned projects. Some rotational experience may be through the Estimating, Cost Engineering, and Planning/Scheduling cost centers.
- Set up baseline budget (resource/revenue/cost) with appropriate WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) interfacing with various disciplines and in coordination with Project Manager and Scheduler.
- Analyze, evaluate, forecast and report resource/revenue/cost status against the established baseline.
- Prepare/update various weekly and monthly resource/revenue/cost tracking reports and submit them in a timely manner.
- Establish resource/revenue/cost projections for the entire project duration on monthly/yearly intervals in coordination with Project Managers.
- Perform variance analysis for resource/revenue/cost against the approved projections and initiate/recommend corrective actions
- Accumulate and access historical data, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- Monitor and track project progress and perform Earned Value Analysis.
- Coordinate with Legal/Finance/Commercial teams as appropriate
- Customize project control systems.
- Interface with clients and attend regular meetings as appropriate
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 7+ years of related work experience.
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with industry practices
- Work experience with Multinational Engineering Consultant is an advantage
- Basic Knowledge of scheduling principles
- Hands on scheduling experience (P6) is an advantage
- Working knowledge of PowerB1 is an advantage
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy