Project Control Engineer/Specialist Job in USA at Parsons International Limited
Project Controls Engineer/Specialist
New York, New York
Parsons is actively seeking a Project Controls Engineer/Specialist to support a major program in the New York area. In this role, you will focus on contracts management tasks, and cost tracking for various construction, architectural and design/engineering contracts.
Perform contract and records review, and identify key information and log into customer e-builder system.
Supports the tracking, updating and monitoring of cost control, and scheduling functions on smaller projects or assists a more senior Project Control
Engineer/Specialist on larger projects.
Typical responsibilities are focused on a variety of ancillary project controls tasks. Although the incumbent may perform some higher level cost analysis and related assignments, this work does not encompass a sufficient amount of his/her time to warrant exempt status.
The Project Control Engineer/Specialist may gain further experience by rotating through Estimating, Cost Engineering, and Planning/Scheduling assignments.
- Assists with the development and management of the cost control systems to provide project and company management with accurate financial information. Facilitates the development of the work breakdown structure (WBS), interfacing with Procurement, Engineering, and Finance Departments as needed.
- Performs some independent analysis of data stored in the project management and cost
control systems. Creates presentations using graphs, diagrams, and other exhibits to illustrate cost status.
Planning and Scheduling:
- Implements and maintains Project Planning and Scheduling.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Develops and maintains less complex critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
- Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Reports schedule status to all levels of project and Company management as well as to the Client.
- Implements and maintains an Earned Value Management System on the project.
- Analyzes cost and schedule performance indicators (CPI and SPI).
- Prepares and maintains project forecasts and status updates.
- Provides assessment with corrective action recommendations to management.
May provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to others in the resolution of project control problems.
Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience) and 3-5 years of related work
experience with focus on contract management activities, and cost tracking activities.
Must have experience/knowledge with construction, architectural and engineering/design type of projects.
Prefer experience with e-builder system.
Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. Proficient PC skills including a working knowledge of various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office
- Job Location
- United States
- Company Industry
- Business Consultancy Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: USA
Job Category: Business Consultancy Services