Programme Policy Officer NOB – Turba Job in Yemen at World Food Program – Other locations
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
- Provide specialized project management support to cooperative partners and junior staff under Turbah FO to ensure the daily operational activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Be a focal point for General Food Assistance (GFA) and lead the implementation of GFD, CVTN and CBT activities in the areas under Turbah FO’s responsibility in line with WFP’s wider programme policies, Aden AO plans and contribute to the overall Yemen CO’s outcome
- In coordination with Aden AO and CO, design the development of General Food Assistance (GFA) project plans, activities (CBT and in-kind) and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies, standards, and guidance.
- Co-lead on the operationalization of targeting/re-targeting of beneficiaries through continuous collaboration with relevant units (CBT, SCOPE, VAM, M&E and operations assurance, programme support teams, Aden Area and Country Office.
- Participate in the development of strategic documents and operational guidelines for implementation of CBT, GFD, CVTN, FFA, IDP management, biometric registration and nutrition activities.
- Establish and maintain contacts with UN agencies and FSAC partners and actively participate in coordination meetings at Turbah Hub.
- Lead in coordination with authorities at both Governorate and District levels
- Actively participate in the assessment, monitoring and evaluation of the food security and nutrition, identifying key challenges to WFP operations/programmes and recommending appropriate actions
- Provide technical support to other programme staff at the Field Office and partners to ensure smooth planning, preparation, and implementation of GFA & CBT programmes.
- Follow-up on any issues raised by M&E reports and field visits, and report to senior management on problems and proposed solutions.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, including preparing a range of reports and data analysis (e.g., food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status) and highlighting trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., by providing inputs into training materials
- Represent WFP FO in the Cash Working Group meetings. Prepare and deliver presentations on CBT programmes and ensure that all CBT activities are carried out and reported in an effective, and transparent manner.
- Identify lessons learnt and best practices in WFP’s CBT programmes for further use in WFP’s programmes, as well as for the use of Inter-Agency Cash Working Group.
- Ensure effective coordination with communities, authorities, and stakeholders in implementing the CBT programme by adopting transparent and participatory approaches.
- Work in close cooperation with programme unit/GFA, CBT, M&E, and operational units to ensure smooth implementation of activities, in line with the organization’s mandate, standards, rules, and regulations.
- In close collaboration with the M&E, contribute to the operational research, outcome monitoring and evidence-building on issues relevant to the crisis response, ensuring documentation of the same in relevant information products for both internal and external use
- Provide support to the Head of Field Office for the effective management of the Field Office to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high-performing team.
- Hold accountability for timely monitoring and evaluation activities and for accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP operations and performance to inform operational planning and decisions
- Manage the overall flow of information and prepare accurate and timely briefings on local authorities’ plans priorities, challenges, and developments to enable FO management to review ongoing programmes and plans.
- Keep the field office management informed on humanitarian, social, economic, and political development in Taiz Governorate and other neighbouring governorates.
- Represent WFP in meetings, in such a way that advances the partnerships strategy and objectives and builds support for WFP activities in Taiz Governorate.
- Ensure WFP protection measures are fully taken up in light of the COVID19 situation on staff, beneficiaries and partners
- Perform any other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience: 3 or more years of relevant work experience with dvanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with 5 years of related work experience.
Administrative/Assistant/Secretariat work experience is not considered, except for years holding Associate positions or above (UN equivalent grade G-6 or above), in which case each year is counted at 50%
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic & English languages
Citizenship: Only Yemeni citizens are eligible for this position.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
• Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
• Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Job Location
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Program – Other locations
Company Location: Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization