Programme Associate (school feeding) – Damascus Job in Damascus, Syria at World Food Programme
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications should be received no later than 15 May, 2021.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
This position is open to Syrian or Syrian/Palestinian nationals, or holders of a work permit and residency in Syria.
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC6)
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Damascus Field Office
Number of required employees: 1
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.6 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and also those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
The programme associate will work in the Nutrition/School Feeding Unit and in collaboration with the other units of WFP
This post is based in Damascus and follow under the direct supervision of the School Feeding Programme and Policy Officer in Damascus.
The programme associate will provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet the needs. This entails working closely with the school feeding team leader to assist in the development and implementation of school feeding activites and support in the coordination and follow up with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and quality implementation and reporting of the school feeding activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the programme associate will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and thus are not all-inclusive nor are all duties carried out by all proramme associates)
- Provide technical support and assistance in the development and implementation of the various school feeding activities and processes supporting its alignment with WFP’s policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with internal counterparts (WFP focal points in the field offices and other units) to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities
- Collect and analyse data on programme implementation,to identify emerging trends/gaps aimed at improving programme implementation and informing future planning.
- Support head of section in the timely management of programme resources
- Manage programmatic updates through specific databases/ platforms to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access. Document and report on best practices and lessons learned.
- Support Coordination and communication with cooperating partners, UN agencies, INGOs and government institutions to ensure efficient delivery of school feeding activities.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the scope of school feeding programme.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of operational queries and problems related to the different activities of school feeding.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required.
- Support in the development and review of Field Level Agreements for school feeding activities.
- Organise and undertake field missions to view implementation of activities and inspect and ensure compliance with WFP’s quality standards.
- Assist in conducting coordination meetings and programme review meetings.
- Support the monitoring of the programme, in coordination with M&E, to cater to arising findings and required corrective measures, inaddition to acting as a focal point for school feeding data entry within the corporate systems.
- Assist in information management and monthly reporting on programmatic data to adhere to reporting requirements including SPR and sitrep, among others. (Reports may be needed on a weekly or need-basis)
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Damascus, Syria
Job Category: Non-profit Organization