Programme Associate G6 Job in Khartoum, Sudan at World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
SCOPE is WFP’s beneficiary identity and benefit management system (cloud-based digital solution) that helps WFP know better the people we serve, so the assistance we provide can be more targeted and appropriate. SCOPE is used to register people, calibrate entitlements, deliver the assistance, and subsequently manage the operational data coming in providing a responsive information system to guide effective programming across all transfer modalities (food or cash).
To purpose of this position is to provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food or cash assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in project management, database management or related fields is required.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience in programme or project management, database systems, business administration or other related fields is required.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Arabic.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
The desired candidate should have the following experiences
- Has worked with technical teams in programming
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes and programme activities.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions that facilitate delivery of programmes to beneficiaries.
- Job Location
- Khartoum, Sudan
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Job Category: Non-profit Organization