Programme Assistant (M&E) -SC5- Aden Job in Aden, Yemen at World Food Programme
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTThe job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate. At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.JOB PURPOSETo perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES1. Maintain effective agreements with partners with cost effective budgets and timely payments supported by suitable evidence.2. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.3. Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.4. Perform specialized and/or standardized processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.5. Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP’s policies and procedures.6. Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.7. Contribute to the implementation of the work plan for functional area of Partnerships, to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results, in accordance with WFP’s Corporate Partnership strategy.8. Assist provide information to UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work ofWFP.9. Maintain effective relationships with UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, in order to keep them informed on important, strategic and operational changes.10. Undertake robust due diligence in support for WFP’s selection process for cooperating partners.11. Collate and share relevant discussion and feedback on programme activities and issues of priority to WFP, gathered from UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to engage them with inter-governmental/inter-agency discussion and inform future activities.12. Assist organize and attend meetings with the UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, taking notes, sharing information, and supporting joint information programmes to increase WFP’s profile, and protect its interests.13. Gather inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work, to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and considered in decision making4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communicationExperience: At least Four or more years of professional relevant work experience in programme implementation to targeted populations (GFD, CBT, Nutrition, School Meals, Livelihood etc.). DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Job Location
- Aden, Yemen
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Aden, Yemen
Job Category: Non-profit Organization