Programme Assistant -Livelihoods Job in Cairo, Egypt at World Food Programme
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTThese jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). The job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or the designate.At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.JOB PURPOSEDeliver a wide range of support activities and processes to facilitate the effective delivery and implementation of WFP Egypt Social Protection programmes that contribute to access to food for families in the most underprivileged areas of Egypt.To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of livelihoods and women economic empowerment initiatives, ensuring alignment with WFP progrmme guidance and national strategies.
- Collect and perform basic analysis of data to contribute to quality business information management and maintain records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for use.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, field missions and any events related to Livelihoods, in coordination with support units, including Hotel reservation, security clearances, travel arrangements, purchase, reconciliations, participants’ allowances, preparing PRs and POs.
- Review the monthly payment requests from partner NGO/s and finalize payments process in coordination with FLA and finance units.
- Manage data, information and work flow, documents.
- Review reports shared by field staff and partners, collate information for inclusion in reports, documents, correspondences and information products in addition to assisting in the preparation of periodic internal reports.
- Process and manage routine administrative and financial tasks to contribute to the effective and timely operations and management of resources.
- Participate in different periodic meetings or workshops and assist in information sharing with local stakeholders, relevant partners and colleagues and drafting minutes of meetings.
- Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
- Proof-read reports, documentation, correspondence, etc., making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate.
- Provide guidance to partners’ staff and to junior colleagues in performing their duties.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor and outcome manager.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIESPurpose
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation: : First University degree in Political Science, Economics, Business Administration or any other related functional areaExperience: At least 5 years of professional work experience in the development area, experience in administrative and logistics functions; or any other related field.Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languagesOTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTSThis section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has facilitated training,workshops and has a good experience in admin and logistics issues.
- Has facilitated communication with NGOs and reporting.
- Experience in financial data analysis
- Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.) and NGOs.
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions
- Experience in micro-finance will be preferable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, etc
- Job Location
- Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: World Food Programme
Company Location: Cairo, Egypt
Job Category: Non-profit Organization