Product Owner Job in Virginia, USA at Avertra
Understand the goals and requirements of a business area, relate these objectives to the capabilities possible through IT, and guide the specification, design and development of technology solutions to produce positive business results. Own at least one Product in the MiUtility Suite of Applications. Drive and Deliver tangible product increments and implement requirements as designed.
- Present concepts, recommendations, and strategy updates to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Advise and consult with cross-functional and cross-business unit stakeholders in support of development initiatives that span the end-to-end value chain
- Hold full Product & Service accountability, from concept through to launch; lead and champion initiatives across stakeholder groups, provide implementation support to cross-functional teams, and contribute to the development of marketing, communications & training in support of the prioritized programs
- Own end-to-end business accountability, including the entire value chain and associated revenues/costs; continually monitor the value chain and activate remedial & enhancement activities in a pro-active manner
- Establishing project requirements: Collect, clarify and translate specific business requirements into documentation and conceptual designs from which technology applications and solutions can be developed.
- Representing the business need for new and modified systems: Provide business input throughout a project, from initial stages to the implementation of the solution.
- Communicating with stakeholders: Act as a connection point between technology specialists and business end users to facilitate the design and modification of systems to realize business strategies.
Project Definition & Design:
- Participate in exploratory discussions regarding desired business operations performance improvements.
- Review and analyze current IT systems, documentation and work process requirements to identify system capability gaps.
- Document current – and future – business/system/data flows.
Development & Testing:
- Work with the development team in an advisory capacity to produce new systems.
- Work with the testing team to develop relevant test scenarios and testing plans.
Implementation, Maintenance & Monitoring:
- Facilitate implementation or roll-out of new functionality (e.g. assist with the design, development and sometimes delivery of training for end users).
- Plan and develop strategies to convert data from the current system to the new structure, if required.
Process Review & Enhancement:
- Perform continuous reviews of a process or system to align processes with changing business conditions and new products and service offerings.
- BA in Computer Science, IT, or any relevant file.
- 6+ years in the related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Specific knowledge of systems design methodology, analysis frameworks (i.e. Business Analysis Body of Knowledge – BABOK) and business process reengineering and modelling techniques
- Familiarity with project management tools, process documentation tools, software testing and user acceptance testing techniques
- Highly detail-oriented by nature
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects
- Familiarity with financial services products and services
- Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Job Location
- Virginia, United States
- Company Industry
- IT Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $9,000 – $10,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
- Residence Location
- United States
- United States
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Business Administration And Computer Science
Company Location: Virginia, USA
Job Category: IT Services