Procurement Manager Jobs in Dubai – UAE at BrighterMonday Consulting
Title: Procurement Manager
Company: BrighterMonday Consulting
Location: Dubai – UAE
Type: Full Time
Category: Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
23. Mar, 10:47 Ad
Overseas Overseas Details Application Deadline 2021-05-07 Years Experience 5 years Minimum Qualification Bachelor Job Level Management level Company Industry Logistics & Transportation Employer BrighterMonday Consulting Description
Position Title: Procurement Manager
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Supply Chain Director
Type of Engagement:Open-ended
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the effective purchase of commodities and services to ensure, that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply and mission. This will require travelling to different regions where AMS has operations or is strategically positioning themselves.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensure all Procurement activity & documentation is compliant with Procurement SOPs.
• Performing Recce for primarily East Africa and other regions in Africa, Asia and GCC as required
• Identify, highlight and define opportunities as well as risks and challenges in the regions on SC for local sourcing and transport
• Continuously monitor these opportunities and risks and present regular updated to Senior and Executive management
• Prepare reports as required for projects
• Build up a database for local partners, suppliers to support on the target categories aligned with Operations & Business Development as per strategy for the region
• Prepare a dashboard / catalogue of local pricing for key categories that will always be sourced locally
• Responsible to conduct frequent benchmarking on the pricing dashboard for categories procured and transported locally
• Support on strategies to improve pricing for projects to support Business Development efforts.
• Provide guidance and information to requesters which include communication of procurement actions and assisting with special or complex requirements.
• Manage stakeholder expectations- Build and maintain strong, professional relationships with suppliers, internal Business Units and clients, as required
• Negotiate price, quality and delivery dates and terms/ conditions.
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
• Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issue.
• Interface with SC Management to provide status and input on specific projects/ tasks.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned to the position by Senior and Executive management.
• Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
• Develop the use of best practices and tools for execution and management of workload as appropriate.
• Experience of being based and working in East Africa (priority regions- Kenya, Somalia, Uganda)
• Knowledge on local procurement, transport, logistics and other supply chain services
• Understanding of the local nuances and challenges in the EA region
• Experience in working with a team to conduct RECCE
• Strong, confident individual who can work with a diverse team
• Working for similar Industry Teamplayer and experience of working with a diverse team
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications
Please note, that this list…