PRINCIPAL URBAN PLANNER Job in Dubai, UAE at Parsons International Limited
Ready to put your urban planning expertise to work on marquee projects that will change the fabric of our cities? Would you enjoy being involved in a wide range of analytical tasks and complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Principal Urban Planner for our rapidly expanding portfolio of master planning projects.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your urban planning and design skills will propel your career forward. In the role of Principal Urban Planner you will prepare urban planning studies and develop master plans at local, regional and strategic level exercising full planning responsibility for interpreting, organizing, coordinating, and executing assignments. Our Principal Urban Planners maintain liaisons with individuals and units, both inside and outside the company, who are responsible for various master planning and design projects.
- Lead multidisciplinary team and ensure they are given clear instructions and guidance.
- Supervise and participate in advanced complex professional planning activities.
- Assigns work to professional staff and ensures appropriate training is provided.
Urban Planning and Urban Design
- Perform and manage complex and sensitive professional planning projects, research and analysis.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local and international standards.
- Advise the Planning Director on all planning-related matters.
- Gather, compile, and analyze data on economic, social, and physical factors affecting the developments.
- Develop technical inputs to support the delivery of high-quality plans, reports, and presentations.
- Confer with local authorities, civic leaders, social scientists, and land planning and development specialists to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities for residential, commercial, transportation, industrial, and community uses.
- Develop recommendations based on governmental measures affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, housing, and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
- Prepare work programs to translate project objectives provided by the Client into detailed plans and take on the responsibility to subdivide work assignments and tasks to the project team.
Project Management and Implementation
- Implement required measures during the project management process and lead the team by resolving any problems, technical issues or deviations from plans to ensure that project progress is maintained as per plan.
Relationships with External Stakeholders
- Maintain contact and coordination with the multiple external agencies involved in the translation of the Government’s development mandate and master plan objectives into work plans through maintaining meaningful working relationships to facilitate a shared understanding.
- Support business development activities including the preparation of bids, pricing and content development.
- Prepare business presentations to promote the works of the planning studio.
- Support Key Account Management and nurturing Client relationships per business strategy.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- General Engineering Consultancy
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Residence Location
- United Arab Emirates
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: General Engineering Consultancy