Principal Electrical Engineer Job in USA at Parsons International Limited
Principal Electrical Engineer
Transport Division – New York, NY
Parsons is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer in our rapidly expanding Transport Division. If you want to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working on large, transportation projects that change the urban fabric of communities, this opportunity is for you. We are looking for candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented
environment that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. This position performs advanced level electrical engineering design and construction supervision and support services tasks. This position will be based in Parsons New York City Office.
With minimal supervision, the successful candidate will perform conventional and complex electrical engineering assignments applying electrical engineering design techniques and analyses. The position also entails supervising the work performed by other electrical engineers on staff, assisting in the assignment of electrical engineering tasks to staff, and coordinating electrical work with other disciplines (structural, mechanical, civil).
Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, cost estimates, detailed analyses and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
Typical design tasks include but are not limited to:-
- Low and Medium Voltage electrical distribution systems including protective relaying.
- Control circuit design. Position control and interlocking. PLC system design.
- Movable bridge and under bridge traveler drive and electrical control systems.
- Roadway and Tunnel Lighting Systems including photometric calculation.
- Short circuit study and load flow analyses. Arc Flash Hazard Analyses. Coordination of protective devices.
- Lightning Protection and Grounding. Surge protection.
- Standby power generation. Uninterruptible power supplies.
- Navigation and Aviation Lighting.
- Fire alarm and security systems;
- DC Traction Power Systems.
- May be required to provide
Professional Engineer’s seal and signature, as appropriate, after assessment of documentation for adherence to all applicable codes, standards, specifications regulatory standards and guidelines for
electrical systems and equipments.
- Travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations to inspect various facets of work and to perform acceptance testing.
- Perform stage and final inspection of
electrical equipment and installations both new and existing installations. Write inspection reports and design studies.
- Research and prepare detailed back up information for construction cost estimates.
- Provide support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Frequently interface with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments. Coordinate electrical work
with other disciplines.
- May be assigned to a project or organizational team, or as a lead engineer for a specific discipline on a project.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and Engineers working on the same project.
- Review supplier drawing submittals, respond to field requests for information and perform technical bid analyses.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering required.
10+ years of heavy industrial electrical design related experience.
Registration as a Professional Engineer strongly preferred.
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications, be totally familiar with construction-related processes
related to area of assignment, and have the potential to perform in a lead capacity. BIM (building information modeling), CAE (computer aided engineering), and/or CAD (computer aided design) applications.
- Job Location
- United States
- Company Industry
- Business Consultancy Services
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
Company: Parsons International Limited
Company Location: USA
Job Category: Business Consultancy Services