Principal Electrical Design Engineer Job in Dubai, UAE at Arcadis
Are you an expert Principal Electrical Design Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Dubai office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
From climate change to rapid urbanization, our world is a more complex place. Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles. Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Responsible for guiding the direction and delivery of multiple projects (or components of projects) through the provision of leadership and technical advice, meeting assigned targets relating to quality, timeframe, and budget whilst exceeding client expectations. Supporting the senior team in developing their strategy, playing an active role in client interactions through meetings, presentations and delivery of projects and tenders. Acting as a coach and mentor to the team on technical issues and leading by example.
- Provide mentoring and goal setting for the development of staff
- Communicate with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans
- Provide Design Management and Liaison with the Global Excellence Outsourcing Centre
- Proactively manage selected projects (or components of projects), take responsibility for resource allocation, manage subcontractors, manage the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensure the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Liaise with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project
- Identify opportunities and drive implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximize the profitability of design components
- Gain a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidate both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Provide leadership, direction, and technical advice to project team members, take a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, lead by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and champion a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture.
- Aware and compliant with relevant H&S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness with the team.
- Provide reassurance, confidence, and a sense of direction to both client and project team members.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
- Maintain technical libraries to ensure reference material and design standards are kept up-to-date
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant professional discipline
- At least 12 years demonstrable experience of leading multi-discipline projects (MEP)
- Must have varied project experience on large scale, high profile developments in the Middle East.
- Must have previous experience in managing and leading an in-house design team
- Some experience of bidding is advantageous (but not mandatory)
- Software knowledge of Navisworks, Amtech, Revit is advantageous (but not mandatory)
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
- Job Location
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Civil Engineering
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Electrical Engineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 12
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Company Location: Dubai, UAE
Job Category: Civil Engineering